Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hess

Beaver uploaded

Guest Stearman

Thanks Steve.This one I have been eagerly waiting for a long time.Anything else in the line?(May I make a suggestion here? ...what about an adapted version of the Archer panel for use with the default Arrow? ...it would only take a landing gear level, wouldn't it? ) :)Blue skies,

See the 'While I'm waiting' posted June 21 and 'Piper Arrow' posted June 24. So far nobody has offered to help. She's ready to go except for a working 5-way starter switch and maybe a rotating beacon.

Guest Dann

Steve,Regarding "while we're waiting," any idea of how to fix the Cessna 182's manifold pressure gauge?Dan

The only thing I can suggest is to edit the full circle value to you liking for the manifold gauge using cockpitdesigner. I am not sure how it sould really read and can only make a best guess.

Guest Dann

Steve,For an engine that is normally aspirated (Arrow/Archer, 172 and 182, etc) the manifold pressure should read exactly what the outside barometric pressure is when the engine is off: 30" using the default weather. When on, the engine is "sucking" so it will read near zero at idle, and at sea level it should read 30" again, and less as you climb into thinner air (say 25" at 6,000 feet or so).How do I use cockpit designer to edit the gauge, and is that the only thing I need to do?Dan

Guest Stearman

>See the 'While I'm waiting' posted June 21 and 'Piper Arrow' >posted June 24. So far nobody has offered to help. She's >ready to go except for a working 5-way starter switch and >maybe a rotating beacon.Ooops! :) Sorry, it was there all the time and I hadn't realized...See my reply there re the starter switch, please.Blue skies,