Sign in to follow this  
Guest qvdg

London Megatiles Update

Guest qvdg

Hi all, In addition to Quaxo's (Cristian's) work (which I can't wait yo get my hands on it) I have been working on 3 tiles around London ASAP ARAO and ASAO - in clear text this means the centre of london (see previous post) down to Biggin Hill. I still have some fine tuning to do and need some help on how to define airports as I want to do Biggin Hill in particular. I will have to brush up on my Fled skills as well. By the way can anyone tell what is the name of the aerodrome south west of Biggin Hill with what appear to be one runway closed.Cheers, QuentinAttached file Malibu above Biggin Hill

wow, that picture looks so realistic!It is from FU3, right? It looks good enough to be real!

Wow dude, that actually looks better than the regions LG created (sanfran and seattle)!

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest qvdg

I am also very pleased with the results - thanks to the fantastic tools. As I create the bin files directly from the tga the high quality is retained. However the quality will be slightly reduced when I eventually upload because of the compression required. I won't be ready just yet because I need to tackle FLED which when I start it up on the London region gives me a blank image - any help welcome. Also can anyone tell me where I can upload a Visual pproach chart for Biggin Hill.Thanks,QvdG

Guest Motormouse

By the way can anyone tell what is the name of the >aerodrome south west of Biggin Hill with what appear to be >one runway closed. >>Cheers, > Quentin >Do you have a screenshot?If not,closest airport S/W of Biggin is London-Gatwick.Next closest S/E (near Maidstone) is West Malling, now disused with the runway being 'recycled' for building materials !Slightly further afield is Dunsfold, Bae's test airfield.Hope this helps:-wavePete

Guest qvdg

Thanks for the info. From your description it would appear to be West Malling. Can you confirm.ThanksQuentin

Guest Motormouse

Doesn't look like West Malling,I'll go and search my reference library......Found it, its Kenley,disused ww2 'battle of britain' fighter command airbase,now used for gliding,grid ref 51.18N, 00.05W:-wavePete

Guest qvdg

Thanks Pete - explains why no-one came out when I buzzed the field - it wasn't gliding weather,Cheers, QvdG