Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Generating outer tiles stopped working

Guest juvat2

Hope you all can assist me,This project I'm working on is to enhance Vancouver and San Juan islands. City of Victoria and its airport as well as San Juan Ils's Friday Harbor.Generating outer terrain tiles has stopped functioning. I'm not new to doing the commands. Have been tweaking the outer terrain for a while now, but strangely any new tile generating I've tried recently are in-effective. Have been trying to apply the w2u41 tile to San Juan Islands Friday Harbor with the intent of putting a marina/airport there.Have also tried to correct rules for Victoria BC urban tiles. As you can see here, and if you've generated outer megatiles and flown to Vancouver Island/city of Victoria, the urban tiles aren't generated. Only the sub-urban (:( are there. LG has the north min-max co-ords as the same for the urban rule. I suspect correcting this will place the urban tiles as they intended. With my current problem, I can't proceed.//Victoria, British ColumbiaRULE u 0 2000 123.289 123.35 48.4 48.4RULE b 0 2000 123.289 123.43 48.4 48.49As an experiment, I went to Ephrata Washington (an area of many on my list of fu3 projects) to apply some tiles. Still, the tiles I've specified in the rules text, and the co-ords applied to flt3 config won't generate, again ensuring the ";" is before "use loose.." and reoved from "generat outer...". When I start FU3, the highest percentage it will generate the tiles is 75%. Typically it will achieve 100% when it has successfully generated the specified tiles.I have gone as far as re-building the gentiles.tag as specified in the Scenery Editing doc.I've also tried other tiles at random.My last recourse will be to either regnerate all the outer magatiles, or do a full re-install. Either one I prefer not to do. Since I've had to replace my Asus mobo with this "lesser" Aopen mobo, generating outer mega tiles has gone from an "ok" 50 to 55 minute time to a loathesome 75 minutes.A note on San Juan Island: taxing on land, heading toward the Friday Harbor, I sink about 10-12' from the shoreline. Water taxing toward the shore at Friday harbor, hit land about 10-12' from the shore.Any help appreciated,Take care,Jim B.

I never modified the outer region, but maybe your modification cross the borders of the outer region.B.Adamski

Guest juvat2

Hi Adams,Getting to close or going out of the o/t was my theory as well, and thats why I went to Ephrata for the tile test. I've applied tiles as far west as Grand Canyon in the past. I'm puzzled why my FU3 lost this capability. When I saw the rules referencing Victoria and its airport further north, I started thinking it must be my program bugging-out on me.I guess I'll have to regenerate all the megatiles again and see if that will "fix" this.Jim B.