Sign in to follow this  
Guest PeterK

Davis Monthan to chandler Memorial AZ

Guest PeterK

PeterK There is 2 places I fly 1 is New Englandand the other is ArizonaSeeing fu3 does not deal with New England I see That Arizonais on the out skirts ofthe california sim world. But in FU3 Arizona is a bit Naked..Any good scenery to fly out of Davis Monthan Go north to Pinalair park and Chandler Memorial?Pete

Guest juvat2

Hi PeterK,There's a Flagstaff package. It was created by Ralph Mace aka Capt Rolo. The package "awakens" the outer region with ATC control and AI traffic. Available here I think at the Avsim library. Do an extended search under Flight Unlimited, author Ralph Mace. I think that'll get you to the file.Nothing else comes to mind right now for the area you listed.Take Care,Jim B

Guest juvat2

Here's a pic of the Tucson skyline after I added some buildings. More to go. Then will follow Markus Brunners instructions on editing the airport as close as possible to the airport diagram. If I find pics of it, will start on Davis-Monthan. Is that where the AF keeps their aircraft bone-yard?Jim B.

Guest PeterK

From PeterK Im sounding Anal and focusing on one part of arizona butbasically I fly surplus aircraft in my flightsims...Davis Monthan is the Main storage facility for the military butsurounding Tucson are many civilian storage places such as Pinal air park ,Marana municipal,Chander memorial and otherslike falcon field.. How far do you want to go into making a scenery file??? I cangive you Lats and longs and info on each airport.. Iv made all these airports for ms flightsimulator and some are at flightsim.com...Unfortunatly Flightsim has gone more revenue basedand their free nodes are few and almost imposible to get into... If you want to get a feel for Davis monthan TryHttp:www.amarcexperience.comIv actually opened up the scenery designer in FU3 and tried a fewfunctions but the thing really needs a sat photo layed in for a betterlook than just a runway on a green floor...PeterK

Guest juvat2

Hi PeterK,Actually it'll end up as several scenery file, or packages. Tucson (City), Tucson Itl and Davis-Monthan are three of them. I, of course didn't know of the others. So, they to would be their own packages, Pinal air park ,Marana municipal,Chander memorial,etc. I will do Tucson(city and Itl) and Davis-Monthan first then move to the others. Here's a pic of how Tucson Itl is represented by Fu3 now. Compare it to the airfield diagram. Will take some time to complete. Davis-Monthan isn't there at all, so will need to be created from scratch to include getting the terrain textured.From what I see at the Amarc sight, it's going to be a major feat to come even close to presenting Davis-Monthan as it really is. The aircraft models in the bone-yard will be real tough. Do you have any 3ds models with textures that could be converted for Fu3 use?Any info you can give I'll surely need.Take care,Jim B.

Guest PeterK

PeterK Well Ill give you a secret..I have Davis monthan for fs98 throughfs2002...I dont use API files for airplanes..What i did was tookpictures from the amarc web sit like a B52 shot from the airand after cropping the plane I made a BMP file and convert itto an r8 files and lay it on the pallet or scenery...I through a few api files so when your on the ground it does not looklike a sheet of plywood.. Dont know if you can this for Fu3 though...I guess for starts isto make the 12,000 foot runway.Did you know there are 2 abandonded airport in tucson??try http://members.tripod.com/airfields_freeman I added them to fs2002 so i can fly my puddle jumpers out of them..I didnt mention but Ryan fields is south of Tucson but most of thestorage facilities are heading north up the Phoenix and Las Vegas.. No guns or pressure here...Jus thought it would be interesting to see if there is anybody had some input..peterK

Guest PeterK

PeterKWell .,,,Im going to fire up the FU3designerlets see what we can do..PeterK

Well! I do have some input to this.I've always been curious about the airports/airfields of the FlightUnlimited series.Thank's for posting the link for the "Abandon airfields"There I could see some more info about both "Santa rosa" and thespesial place "Alameda-NAS".I have always wondered about why the americans put a militaryairforce bases just beside the "bridge" and perhaps this would be a fictional airport made by "Looking Glass studios" The "Alameda" is as I can see missing from the MS.Fs2002 airports.Is this airport still active?? or closed.I always used to go there from the old days of FU2 starting from"Half Moon bay" making a flight plan to "Alameda" and go to "travis"or "sacramento"Lars Peter.

Guest PeterK

PeterKI think Paul freemans web site could help you out .. I have FAA airport directories but the dont cover military bases...I think Alemeda NAS is closed Dont know about Santa Rosa though.. Seeing FU3 or any other sim is fictional I have no problem flying out of Bases long Gone...Another place that needs a big tune up in FU3 is the Mojave area..Besides Mojave and the aircraft storage area there is a ton of littleairports and the Borax Mines too..Military bases are Edwards,China Lake and Palmdal...George AFB is closed and is now a repair recovery center for old jumbo jetsIt called the California annex airport...PeterK