Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

UK progress map

I've been watching this with interest for a long time but (as many others) I've been waiting for it to develop. I'd certainly be more than willing to pay for a set of CDs once there's a continuous region to fly over. It's not realistic to get all of England (by far) but if we get a connected region the size of Sanfran or Seattle I might very well "move to England" :-) My only advise would to expand on the region available rather than doing bits and pieces and this seems to be the idea. Once the southwest (Cornwall?) merges with the London area there'll be a lot of continuous land to explore.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest qvdg

Hi all, I have been working directly with Cristian on the UK region. In fact he has been doing all the hard work and I have been helping him out with a little data. Our exchanges so far (before our respective hoidays)have reach 1.5 Gb !. I can honestly say the results are truly breathtaking. The whole process (thanks to Cristians efficiency) has been very rapid ( a matter of weeks). I would suggest that we do coordinate extending the region. One thing however a broadband internet link is required for downloading a respectable number of tiles. Cristian should be back on the 2O th and we can then coordinate our efforts. I personally would like to move west to Bath and Bristol. And if we can get a team together why not Ireland ?Cheers, QvdG

Hi all,The new UK-South Region is just tested on my computer.the bottom left corner are located over the Isles of Scilly.So we can build the total south part of uk.Cristian will get the data soon. for the area see the upper topic in this tread with my navigation map including the tile raster.or better just herehttp://www.agtim.ch/fu3/uksouthgrid.jpgthere is a new tool on the way: Level57Maker, to build all Level 5 to 7 .bin files starting from found level 4 files.:-wave agtim

Hi all,This is a reduced level 5 view of the actual finished status of the UK-South project. The first upper level generation with Level57Maker is running, this picture is the sampling result of all level 4 tiles found.http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/uksouthL5.jpg:-wave agtim

Guest Ansgar

Hi Andre,Wow! There is coming live back into your (our) project! A level57builder is just the thing we need to make the horizont really smooth and more realistic.What we need also now actualised is an overview map (in excel or a similar table look) which tells us which coordinates we need to load for a specific megatile!With the new coordination map I loose the orientation which multimap coordinates we need for an missing megatile. Thanks again for all your efforts Andre! :-)Best regardsAnsgar A.