Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Problems with the London region

Hi. I decided to try the London region.I downloaded the file londondevkit.zip from AVSim and followed the installation instructions. However, when I go to "Airport" in Flight3 and select london in the list, Flight3 crashes with this error message.Please help the :-newbie :-lolBTW, "Fel" means "Error" in Swedish :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Hmm I figured it out myself. I noticed I had no ENGPILE folder in the london region, just a GERPILE folder. I renamed the GERPILE folder to ENGPILE nad it worked :)But now I have another problem...the scenery looks OK close up, but near the horizon, in the distance, it looks kind of weird. The colors are differenct and the scenery is blurried and divided into "blocks". I'll just show you a screenshot instead of trying to explain...

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Ansgar

Hi JimmiG,the blocks far at the horizont are the missing "low-res levels 5..7". We only can generate this levels after finishing the most of the megatiles, because of: -> level 5 can be generated from 4 megatiles in a square.-> levle 6 can be generated from 4x4megatiles in a square etc.So, the higher the level-No. the more megatiles are needed and the bigger are the geometrical size of the level in the scenery. Once we have i.e. 16x16 megatiles in a square together we can generate their level5+6 and so there we can reduce this squares to the very, very far horizont.Ansgar A.