Sign in to follow this  

Force feedback modeling in FU-III

Hi Guys, I recently bought a Logitec Wingman 3D FF stick (USB). All controls seem to be working OK (4 axis). I was however a little disappointed with the various FF effects. The only dynamic forces seem to be the wheels touch-down and crashes. What I'm missing: - The centering forces seem to stay equal regardless the airspeed. - Trim does not move the center point of the joystick. - Stall does not produce any buffeting- No weather (side-wind, ect) effectsWas I expecting too much or is my stick software not interfacing optimal? Has DirectX anything to do with it? Are there optimal settings for the various FF adjustment bars? I appreciate your comments. For those interested in flightsim DIY hardware additions: The Wingman FF joystick is quite suitable for hacking: It uses potmeters, so I have the stick electronics connected to my homemade yoke and controls The FF signals can be connected to a current buffer for driving heavier motors linked to the yoke pitch and roll. Final goal: I am trying to see if the FF signals can be used to drive my homemade motion platform, (combined with a mix of other controls signals). See lower threads in http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID42Of course with FU-III! :) RgdsRoland

I also have a Logitech FF joystick, the Logitech Strike Force 3D.Here's what I've found:The centering forces change according to airspeed and wind. For example, if you're sitting on the ground with strong crosswind, you will feel some resistance when trying to pull the stick sideways. The force is constant, and not very strong, but it is there.If you're flying fast, you should feel some force when trying to move the stick. Try pointing the P51D straight down and let it accelerate, and you should definetly feel the centering force.If you slow down a lot, you should feel how the centering force decreases, until you come to a stall. At that point, there is no buffeting or anything, but there is no centering force.Trim also affects the FF. If I trim the nose way up, I'll have to push against the FF to keep it flying level. You can't feel turbulence and stalls though.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Thanks JimmiG, It is good to know that FU-III has these force feedback actions. Now I've got to figure out why my stick is not giving me these actions. Hope you can help me with some more info:Could you check for me in your .cfg file what joystick settings do you use? (the ?? in the list below)joystick_sensitivity ??forcefeedback_ymin ??.forcefeedback_xcentering ??.forcefeedback_jolt_lowlimit ??.forcefeedback_jolt ??.forcefeedback_ycentering ??.Also, what operating system do you use and what version of Direct X. Any other joystick tweaking (in joystick setup software) I should know about? I appreciate your help. RgdsRoland