Sign in to follow this  

SeaTac ATC control or ATC chatter

Here is a interesting problem, I have just re-installed FU3, flew around for a bit, then installed the Portland enhancment which gives you ATC control to Portland and San Fran, as well as other locations.After installing I went for a flight and noticed that there was hardly any radio chatter on 119.20 SeaTac control, all was silent apart from one or two aircraft.I removed the Portland enhancment, went for a flight and noticed that on 119.20 SeaTac control, radio chatter was again returned to being almost constant. After a bit of digging I found a line in the Airspace file, in the Seattle region, that readairspace[sea,X,0] = within[80 n];After installing the Portland enhancment this line was changed to readairspace[sea,X,0] = within[300 n];It seems that this line increases the range that SeaTac control has over aircraft, enabling you to fly to Portland and beyond under SeaTac control, but with no radio chatter with other aircraft.I replaced this line with the original, radio chatter returned but SeaTac control terminated radar vectors before reaching Portland.Does anyone eles have this problem and does anyone know of a fix?Thanks Peter

Portland has AIRSPACE.TXT file. Make an airspace for Portland ( I don't remember the line ) airspace[PDX,...]=within(100) or somewhat - see the line in the file for Seattle. Then control should tell you to contact Portland, when you leave the SEA airspace. The value 100 you must experiment, I don't remember the distance from Portland to Seattle.