Sign in to follow this  

What did I do wrong on my install?

Greetings Friends,I'm almost ashamed to ask... I even helped beta this product ... but I can't seem to reinstall it right. Everything goes okay, but when I go fly... I get this message that stays on the screen: "Please Insert (San Fran or Seattle) Scenery disc 2" Meanwhile the all the detail is missing on terrain below. I completely reinstalled it the second time... carefully putting in the proper discs ... or so I thought... and same result.Obviously that shouldn't be there on a full install and I should have the detailed ground rendering.Does anyone know what I have done wrong?!?Thanks ahead of time... and have a wonderful Christmas season!Steve

Please check regions --> seattle / sanfran --> region.cfg. My region.cfg for sanfran starts out with:reg_name San Francisco Bay Areareg_cd_path e:flight simulatorsFU3CDROMsanfranmapsreg_terrain_disk_name Flight Unlimited II Disk 2 (Game Disk)reg_cd_levels 2reg_icon sanfran.gifreg_north 1.27409035reg_utm_zone 10reg_utm_offset 473088 4096000reg_width 10reg_height 11reg_airport sforeg_sealevel 100reg_timezone -8Your path is different but the important thing is to make the program look for the maps on the drive rather than on the CD. You have to set the correct path for both regions.Merrry Christmas to you too :-)Hans Petter

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!That did it, Hans!!God bless you!! ;^)Happy flying!Steve

Steve,You beta tested Flight Unlimited 3 ? Wow, that makes you a very special person in my opinion. I e-mailed LGS and asked them to consider me as a beta tester for Flight Unlimited 4...........but it was never meant to be :-(Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png