Sign in to follow this  

Fu3 Scenery In Fs2002

Hi Im Only On Here To Leve A Message In Case Any Of You Use Fs2002I Know Fu3 Is Great Sim I Use It To But Decided To Try In Put Fu3 Scenery In Fs 2002 With The Same Texture ..This I Have Done If Anyone Interested In Seeing Screenshots Or Any Questions Let Me Know..Doug

Guest Allan_D

Hi Doug,I think every one in here with maybe 1 exception uses FS2K2 that's what good flight simmers do, try them all and try to have fun with all of them :-lolI'd like to have the same busy airports in FS that I have in FU3, I use FU3 "Oswald Field" for a screen saver, :-lol. Even though I have a couple hundred great packages in FS, It would be great to be able to move my FU3 fun into the FS worldThis one would be cool if I could add it in FS, It's my FU3 Oswald package, Bubba doing a fly by every few minutes, I think he's hi on drugs :-lolhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3df69ba315271e54.jpgSend me a note of how to do this, cldawson@dmci.net I do have the Airport scenery program and also FSSC program, I've been playing around with making scenery for FS but haven't built anything yet that's worth uploadingHave Fun :-jumpyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gifAllan and Co-Pilot Puppyhttp://bfu.avsim.Net/sigpics/AllanD.jpg

How interesting-this 'cross platform' stuff is a great idea.Fly!2 now has a tool called 'FS-Import' which cleverly takes FS2002/2002 airports and 'ports' them across into Fly!2. It is usually amazingly successful at it but Padraic Morgan who wrote the utility has made it so the new airports are compressed on your Fly!2 drive and therefore become 'non-transferrable' to others. This is to safeguard scenery designers products. Because Fly!2 and FS2002 use the same WGS84 projection of the world most airports are compatible in layout, however if the program senses a difference then the FS2002 data overides the Fly!2 data to position it.It's great to see all those FS2k airports being used in another sim.

Guest twsimfan

Doug,Sure... I'd like to see your screenshots.

Please, screenshots :)I suppose you somehow extracted the FU3 scenery textures and then imported them in FS2002? I would be very interested in knowing how you did it.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Screenshot Will Be Tonight Or Tomorrow For Sure Any Special Screen Shots Or Areas Your Interested In Let Me Know .Yes And No Ont The Fu3 Tiles I Did Extract Them But Had To Reformat Them And Georeferance Them Plus Change A Few Textures Also Had To Aquire Some Doq Alsofu3 Used 4 Meter Per Pixel And Fs2002 Uses 4.75 Per Pixel And The Originals Are Formated In 4 Meter So Took A Lot Of Experamenting To Do ItDoug