Sign in to follow this  
kjackson

Here's How-To Properly Backup PSS Aircraft

I've seen several posts asking how to properly backup PSS aircraft. The replies, I feel, are not entirely helpful to most. Others may have other ways of backing up PSS aircraft properly. I am merely trying to clarify the process that I use successfully.Both the AirbusPro and the Triple7 are installed via the base installation program downloaded from the PSS Website. During the install process the install location is greyed out so you cannot re-direct to a different install location. The installer looks at your registry info to determine where FS2002 is installed. To easily get around this just rename your FS2002 directory to something else.For example: C:Program FilesFS2002 can be renamed to C:Program FilesFS2002x.Now install all your PSS aircraft and any patches, updates, liveries, etc. as usual. The base installer will create a new FS2002 directory and install the complete package there. When that is done just rename the new FS2002 directory as follows.Example: the new C:Program FilesFS2002 can be renamed to C:Program FilesPSS Aircraft.Then rename the original FS2002 directory back to the original name.Example: C:Program FilesFS2002x should be renamed back to C:Program FilesFS2002.You may then backup the PSS Aircraft directory and delete it from the Program Files diretory.I hope this helps those of you who have concerns of having a physical copy of something you have paid for just in case the unthinkable happens.I am posting this to the Phoenix (PSS) Support Forum and the main MS Flight Sim Forum just in case it gets filtered out on one or the other.I hope this helps someone.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!