Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Has anyone else experienced this "problem" ?

My recent Beechjet flight from Renton Municipal to Olympia highlighted a small problem. I was given permission on take off to "turn left, southbound approved". I was then asked to contact the tower at Boeing Field, which I did. The controller told me to fly through his airspace at 1500 feet, so I did.Then.............nothing. I kept on flying, but I never received any more information. I was expecting to be told something like "Beechjet niner lima golf, you're clear of my airspace, frequency change approved", or "contact Seattle approach on 119.20".I tried the same flight several times, and the result was the same each time. I even asked for clearance westbound (as opposed to southbound), but the ATC at Boeing Field ignored me yet again after clearing me to fly through their airspace.So, I would like to know if everyone else experiences this........or if there is a fix (highly unlikely). I personally suspect that it is a small bug.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Motormouse

Yes,frequently!!!I thinks its due to the make-up of the airspace,maybe fixable byediting airspace file,Markus would be the one to ask.Generally speaking I ignore the 'hand -off' to Boeing Field and contact Sea-Tac approach instead (shock horror,failing to comply with atc!!)usually works:-wavePete

Guest R_Driscoll

But in real life, wouldn't you need to be aware of your current airspace restrictions and proactively contact the relevant controller? There is a bug there though - if you fail to contact Radar they should chase you. I hate it when I'm on finals and Radar starts yelling at me to come up on her frequency. And I'm talking to the airport tower at the time. Ah well ... as you said, Pete, its would be possible to edit these problems away. Volunteers?

I realised that Boeing Field ATC couldn't be bothered to hand me over to Seattle approach, so I just went ahead and did it anyway :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Motormouse

"But in real life, wouldn't you need to be aware of your current airspace restrictions and proactively contact the relevant controller?" Yes of course."I hate it when I'm on finals and Radar starts yelling at me to come up on her frequency. And I'm talking to the airport tower at the time."You can stop that by adding these lines to your flt3.cfgno_approach_on_guard no_tower_on_guard :-wavePete

Guest R_Driscoll

True, Pete. Maybe that's what I should do. The control area is quite complex just there around Seattle/Boeing and just going up and down a few hundred feet can get controllers upset.

The airspace definition for Boeing Field is listed below:-airspace[bfi,D,0] = within[5 n] & below[25];This is quite basic, so the problem is very likely to be due to some other airspace conflicting with this. Obviously, Seattle airspace would appear to be the main source of concern. The question is, who is familiar enough with the airspace statements to "see" the problem ?Has anyone tried ascending very quickly to above 2500 feet ? In other words, ignoring the ATC and exiting the Boeing Field airspace "upwards" rather than "outwards" ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png