Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Seattle 2002 problem identified

Some of you have experienced problems after installing everything in my Seattle 2002 pack. It seems that several airfield packages result in FU3 crashing to the desktop. However, it now seems (as I suspected) that the problem is caused by having outer terrain scenery installed.........and the airport icon limit is almost certainly to blame.I originally thought that the airport icon limit only affected both high resolution scenery regions. However, the problems with SEATTLE 2002 seem to indicate that, when outer terrain scenery is installed, the OT airports themselves contribute towards the number of airports in each high resolution region. Since my SEATTLE 2002 pack includes TWENTY extra airfields (each with their own airport icon), this is apparently enough to take the total beyond the limit (SANFRAN 2002 only has FIVE extra airfields).So, the solution is one of the following:-1. Don't install SEATTLE 2002.2. Don't install all of the new airfields in SEATTLE 2002.3. Don't install the outer terrain scenery.I'll leave you to decide which one is the BEST solution :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Hi Chris,There is another solution.Why not do what I think most of us do? When you reech your limit, ie, when you start crashing to the desktop.Tacke 2 or 3 Packages that put an icon on the map, out of your Packages Folder.So you are safly bilow your limit.From this point on, you can only add modified Packages.But you can add as many modified Packages as you licke.I have 291 Packages in my Packages folder.A modified Package, is a Package that dus not put an icon on the map.This is how to modify a Package.Open a Package, and you fiend lots of Folders within Folders within Folders.What you are looking for is the airports Folders. there are several of them, one for every reegen you have installed.You must delete or remoove the cotens of all the airports Folders.Leeving all the airports folders in the Package empty.Do not delete anything els.Now this Package is modified, and it will not put an icon on the map, and it will not corse FU3 to crash to the desktop.no mater how meny of thees Packages you have.glidernut.

>There is another solution.>Why not do what I think most of us do? >When you reech your limit, ie, when you start crashing to the >desktop.>Tacke 2 or 3 Packages that put an icon on the map, out of your >Packages Folder.>So you are safly bilow your limit."That's what option 2 was supposed to suggest John :-)Seriously though, I am not the one who is having the problem. Everything works fine on my PC, but that's because I don't have to worry about all of those airport icons in the outer terrain scenery. This was just intended as a cautionary note for anyone who tries to use SEATTLE 2002 with OT installed (and that probably amounts to a large percentage of FU3 users).Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Hi Chris, Im suggesting a way that peopl can install all of your Packages.Inclooding the {Sanfran Packages} plus the {outer terrain Packages} plus theSwitserland and London Packages. Im suggesting a way of installing all the Packages that have ever been prodused.And still not crashing to the desktop.Mind you, with so many Packages in the Packages-Folder, that do not have an iconon the map, If I fined a tree in the midl of a runway, its imposidl to finrd which Packagethe tree bilongs to, so I carnt delete the tree, grrrrrr!!glidernut.

John,I'm not too keen on removing airport icons from airfield packages, since I like to be able to start from any airfield on the map. However, I agree that your solution allows you to install just about everything except the kitchen sink ! :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png