Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Heathrow version 3

Guest R_Driscoll

Since I messed up the release of version 2 of Heathrow, I have fixed up a new version. This is being tested for bugs at present and will be released soon. But here are some pictures and some info on the new version.The most striking feature is night-lighting - the airport looks like a little city now at night, and I only wish I had know about this feature before because it increases the flying experience.But I have also (with help from Rob and Richie) installed ILS. The runways at night now have sequencers, end (REIL) marking, centrelines, edges, localiser beacon, glidepath, inner/middle/outer markers (at made-up frequencies), frangible approach lights and taxi turnoff lights. Mainly this is for 09R/27L (concern for framerates, one active runway, complexity of airport and time) - other runways are simpler.For Chris - one of the photos below shows the taxiway centreline marking quite well! And some of the shots show the runways. This is quite easy to do with FLED, although I made lots of mistakes in learning the first time.Rob D.

Guest glidernut

Hi R Driscoll,That looks so good, I carnt wate to get my UK CD,s. glidernut :-eek

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Rob,The ILS frequencies for LHR are:IAA RW09L 110.30IBB RW09R 109.50ILL RW27L 109.50IRR RW27R 110.30I am trying to get an accurate location for the marker beacons at present, unfortunately Transair had run out of the European Jeppesen SimCharts when I went there yesterday. I should be able to get a copy sometime this week.In the interests of getting something working though I can do a rough guess and correct it at a later date.Cheers,Rich.

Guest R_Driscoll

I've got those and they are in this package (thanks to you and Rob). But I only did Rwy 09R/27L for various reasons - the ILS has been tested and works fine with 109.50. I have done several approaches to touchdown completely automated and it tracks well.Thanks for your help!Rob D.

Guest R_Driscoll

Yes, I think you would like the UK. And English people are very nice, because anyone who is not very nice gets exported to Australia. I'm from Australia.So I make this package for you - you have to make Sydney for me now. Fair's fair.Or at least set up some gliding weather in the UK for me (please!!!).Hope you enjoy all this! And that you rush out and get UK-South SOOOOOONNNNNNN !!Rob D. (call me Rob but there are several so Rob D will do)

Guest DLM

Robert,I admire what you do!This looks like the kind of scenery you have in MSFS2002.Thanks to you and all other scenery/region builders our beloved sim can really show its muscles!// Daniel :D

Guest twsimfan

Rob,Wow! That looks pretty much as I remember it... which might be a bad sign... I haven't been there in nearly 26 years. :-lol You guys never cesase to amaze me. :)

Guest Ansgar

Hi Rob,A still WOW from me!!!You

Guest R_Driscoll

One user has found trouble using the Heathrow package if the flag"show_distant_mountains"is set to 1. I don't know why this would cause problems, but if anyone gets crashes with the Heathrow package, try resetting this flag to 0.This flag is found in the file "flt3.cfg" in the root directory for flight unlimited 3.I am glad to see so many people have successfully loaded the package - I have spent 24 hours with my heart in my mouth hoping it would be bug free or at least useable! Thanks for all your feedback.Rob D.On another topic, I have had two excellent little flights in the last few days - one to the Farillon Islands (I think I am addicted to flying over oceans at the moment, its such a sense of being out there by yourself, and the occasional ships help give a sense of height and perspective), and from all the talk about Port Angeles, I flew from Easton State (dawn start - this is not reality) through heavy rain and snow avoiding control sectors to Port Angeles. Beautiful weather as I lined up for approach, then within about 30 sec it went through gentle to heavy rain and I landed with snow falling everywhere - beautiful (this was the DC3 with floats - in case I wanted to stop off for fishing, but it was too rainy and misty most of the flight).And I landed on the runway.