Sign in to follow this  

Horizontal line across dashboards when anti-aliasing se

Hi AllI've noticed that when anti-aliasing is set to 2x on my nvidia driver I get a horizontal line across some of the dashboards in F3 view.what's goin' on 'ere then!GraemeUK

This is old news -- the Nvidea cards show the lower edge of the 3D area (scenery) as a band across the panel. Several people have suggested ways to fix it. Has any attempt been successful? I haven't got this problem since I'm using a Voodoo 5 card.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

Graeme,See today's email I sent to you. It explains the 'why' and 'what' and I've offered a solution to you (and anyone else that may desire a solution).There is no simple fix unfortunately except...CAN ALL AIRCRAFT/COCKPIT DESIGNERS PLEASE OVERLAP THE 3D REGION RECTANGLES TO ONE PIXEL BELOW THE ADJACENT RECTANGLE IN FUTURE WORKS? There is no penalty for doing this and, as Nvidia cards have the (current) lion's share of the market, it's only fair ;) The last thing we need is to give people a reason to grumble about our beloved sim...That'll fix it :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest ChrisD

jonpoint.I have the problem with the lines as well. pse email me with the solution.Thanks.ChrisD

Now that Radeon 9500/9700 series cards also support Anti Aliasing in FU3, they display the same line so it's not only Nvidia. I get it on my 9700 Pro as well. In fact, I think the Voodoo5 is the only card that does not display the lines in FSAA mode.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest jonpoint

"In fact, I think the Voodoo5 is the only card that does not display the lines in FSAA mode. "And that's because it's FSAA is a very basic averaging filter (so I am told). 'Aggressive' FSAA seems to always show the line. Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Uhm the Voodoo5 had the most advanced FSAA for its time and it's still pretty darn good compared to the newer cards.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest jonpoint

Um, yeah :-)I wasn't saying it was bad! As you point out, very few cards had good FSAA at the time. It's FSAA algorithm is really good in that it makes some programs (like FU3) come alive. I wish I choice with the GE4 like this:FSAA Modes:1. None2. 1.4x1.4 (2x)3. Quincunx (looks like 2x to me)4. 2x2 (4x really kills framerate)5. Voodoo mode:-) :-) :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************