Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

Lundy Island for the UK-South.

Guest glidernut

Iv just put this in the librery.Lundy Island for the UK-South. Is only 2 miles long and

Hi Glidernut,Nice to see you on Lundy. Lundy has the real geographic elevation. Was my first test with this method and takes me more thank a day of painting but the results looks always good.May I have the second weather please :-) thank you.I have to fix my Weather configuration. The selection at weather loading looks crazy and repeating and files are going lost. Don't know why. I use the VooDoo5 but my colors are not so bright as on you picture. Is this an Win XP installation with VooDoo5 ?:-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

Glidernut! This is a big surprise - you have been very busy! First the lighthouses, now a whole island!Wot nechts? ;) RobD

Guest Motormouse

John there IS an airstrip on Lundy,its a 'prior permission required' one, you can find it next to the oldlighthouse (middle of the island).Its 'ppr' so the farmer can go and take the sheep fences down!!:-wavePetePs Here's the details from my copy of 'Pooleys' guide to UK;Grass r/w, NE/SW 400m long,position 51.10 n 04.40 w , 400ft amsl,operated by the Lundy Company,light aircraft accepted on prior permission,and at pilots own risk.Lighthouse (disused) and windmill (a wind turbine) near airfield.Caution: runway surface rough,and farm stock may be in the area.

Guest glidernut

agtim,Your elevation and painting results are the best there is anywhere in the sim world.Yes the selection at weather loading looks crazy to me as well.I can not drag and drop the weather frunt like I can in Seattleor Sanfran.I not understand it.In REGIONS UK-South region.cfg, the botom section is rong but Idont know what is right.The only way I can get the weather I want is by trial and errer.I hav Win XP installation with GeForce4 MX440.I think the bigest diferanses in pictures is the setings in theFlt.cfg file.I hav sent you my Flt.cfg too try, along with the weather filefor the other side of Lundy.Rich.glad you like it, its amazing the diferans in sky and cloud rendering.Hi Rob_D,Its good to see you cum up for air nouw and agen.Motormouse,I started to do sum reserch on Lundy, looking for historik bildings but even if I found them, I carnt do modeling, so I just did what ever I wanted. I dont much cair for historical acurasy, but I know others do,so I hav diliberatly left the top of the Island allmost free of modelsfor others to add or chang what ever thy like.It reminds me of Protection Island in the North of Seattle, it had noles than 5 diferant packages for it dun by 5 diferant peopl and nocompramyz was made by any of them.Perhaps this time round we can work together for the good of all.glidernut.:-wave