Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

Few more UK screens, and a tip

Nice tip, Jimmy!Nice shots too! Can't wait to get my UK happening. BTW, I usually change the brightness and contrast for my screenshots too! My reason is that, running FU3 in a darkish room I use the gamma adjustment to get good 'black' whilst leaving the monitor set up for daylight use. This is just a tradeoff 'coz my flat's pretty bright (Nth East/Nth West aspect - Southern hemisphere!) and I have to have fairly bright settings for daytime work. Without the gamma adjustment I'd need sunglasses at night :-kewl Ah, dunno about removing outterr. I've done a separate install just for UK, without outer terrain at all. Maybe just try moving the 'outterr' folder somewhere temporarily to find out. If it doesn't work, move it back!Seeya :-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Scenery is a lot brighter now after I tweaked a few settings. Now all that's missing is more airports and more AI traffic :)Here's a tip: If you're using Win2k or XP and the NTFS file system, compress the Flight3 folder - Right click the Flight3 folder and choose properties, then click the advanced button and check the Compress Contents box, then hit OK. The Flight3 data seems to compress well. My Flight3 folder shrunk from 7.44GB to 5.86GB so I got 1.64GB of harddrive space for free. There's no noticable performance hit because Flight3 isn't that heavy on disc access. Note that compressing the content can take up to several hours, and I'm not to be held responsible if your computer blows up in the process.Also, is it possible to remove the outter region (US West coast) without reinstalling FU3?