Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rich Wren

UK-South weather snaps.

Guest Rich Wren

Quick unrelated question for you John. How you get just the instruments to show in the Stemme?Cheers,Rich.

Guest glidernut

Hi Rich,Peter Ridge did it.Its the F2 vew only.Its grate for seeing where your going and reading the instrements at the same time.I use it a lot, thanks to Peter Ridge.Anyway its in the librery.File name__(Stemme VFRmax Motorglider v1.0) Orther_____(Peter M. Ridge)Date_______(11-Feb-2002)glidernut.:-wave

Guest Rich Wren

Excellent, thanks John.Rich.

Guest R_Driscoll

I don't like the effect in the first pic, but the second is very nice! How did you do this?RobD

I've seen clouds like this in the summer. I think what people object to is that the central portion seems too solid when one wispy layer is overlapping the next. It might be an idea to try a greater separation of the layers. Repetitive wispy clouds of this kind tend to occur fairly high, at about 4,000 - 9,000 ft. They're a sign of good, stable weather conditions with no updrafts.Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

But its a nice effect! I didn't know the Weather Unlimited program could be used for UK-South - I will have to experiment more. And that's a very clever use of it.Cheers,RobD.

Guest glidernut

Hi Rob_DWell The 2 snaps abuv are the same weather file, thay look so diferant custhe first is vewed from the edge and the second is vewed from the midel.>How did I do it? Well I started with a simpl weather file that has a paticular cloud modelin it that I wanted. In this kase the high thin wispy clouds.I then positioned the weather i,e the front, over the midel of the UK-Southby changeing the position numbers, Useing the numbers you see in first snap bilow will put any weather file over the UK-South.After removeing all the unwanted clouds layers i,e "Banks" through sum trial and error,I was left with just the one cloud layer I wanted, "the high thin wispy clouds only". See second snap.I then proseded to create 9 new cloud layers all having the same numbersas the one I wanted exept for the (Altitude base top numbers) which I used pergresivly higher numbers, so that the cloud layers are staced oneabuv the other.10 layers in all. glidernut.:-wave

Guest glidernut

Hi all,I created this weather file using the Weather Unlimited program.Theres no new clouwd models, just one of the stanerd models usedover and over agen, 10 times over actyaly.Its not beter than what we alredy got, but it is a littl diferant.Well I never seen clouwd formashons like this in FU3.If anyone wants it let me know. john.lewis@freeuk.comglidernut.:-wave