Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

San Carlos glitch

I recently landed at San Carlos airport in the SanFran region. After contacting Ground Control, I was told to "taxi to parking via Alpha, Hotel...hold short runway 30". The problem here is that I was already on the correct side of the runway. This happens every time that I land at this airport.Has anyone else experienced this ?I have since moved the parking spot to the other side of the runway, but I have not tested this yet.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi, Chris:-beerchug You know, I think this is a result of airport design...actually true to real time flight rules. At the time of taxiway layout, the route to parking was laid out such that airport traffic has to follow a pattern relative to the active runway pattern. I may be wrong about this, but I believe if you use the cheat "Alt_f12" upon leaving the active and requesting taxi clearance, the route that Ground Control expects will appear. More specifically, on an active runway with a LH approach, the taxi pattern will remain LH to avoid stand-offs between aircraft taxiing to and from the active. Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

Noel,In addition to my comments regarding San Carlos, it should be emphasised that immediately after the "...........hold short runway 30" message, I receive a "Beechjet Niner Lima Golf, clear to cross runway 30" message.Interestingly, the traffic pattern is RH at San Carlos. Are you saying that this would result in the ATC expecting me to exit the runway to the RIGHT, thereby resulting in the "hold short" message (since the parking spot was initially to the LEFT of the active runway) ? If that is the case, then this is the ONLY airport where I have experienced this situation.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,Can you send up two screenshots: One: of the top-down view showing the taxiway and runway layout with the alt-12 cheat enabled when you receive the message; and Two: of the top-down view in FLED? I am trying to visualize your SJC. Fly First...Play Later...--Noel