Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robs

Oh Fled

Guest Robs

Hi guys,I'd like some taxigraph help.How do you define where planes "hold short"?I need to hold traffic some way away from the runway as the traffic is queing on the run off area and not where the taxiway joins the runway.All comments (except rude) appreciated.Also how do you stop the taxiway edges appearing and disappearing as you change views etc?Any other tips??Rob (currently learning by doing his first UK airport!)

Guest jonpoint

Rob,First, do a screenshot of that part of the field in FLED and post it. It may have to do with your combination of points (the things between the lines) near the taxiway/runway junction. Please indicate where the pile-ups occur.It can be very hard sometimes to avoid pile-ups because FU3 doesn't employ 'politeness' between AI craft. Sometimes, a large AI will advance toward a point whilst a small does likewise from another angle. When the larger AI's 'circle of influence' envelops the smaller one, the large one stops. If the small one can then pass the larger one without it's 'circle of influence' touching the larger one, great! If not (and most usually) you get a 'Mexican standoff' :-bangBTW, the 'circle of influence IS a circle. If YOU get too close to the rear of an AI it stops. If an AI gets too close to another from behind, the rearward AI stops. This is what keeps them all following each other at a safe distance. Same occurs if you approach from the side - get too close to the operating taxiway and they all stop!As far as edges disappearing, it's a feature (bug) in the FU3 engine. Some suggest it was put there to preserve framerates. Others say it doesn't happen without the patch but I've never been able to run without it so I wouldn't know. Maybe someone else can shed light on it? Now that many of us don't have famerate issues it would be nice to sort it! :-)Oh, one last thing! If you're flying slowly around your creation in a small plane and use the page-up & page-down keys to quickly zoom up or down, you'll totally lose your lines :-grr:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

I already replied to this but must have hit close window instead of upload. Bother.My suggestion:I think the trigger for "hold short" is the green box indicating the runway ends, so if you get too close to the runway ends on the taxiway, this might fire the "hold short" routine a bit earlier than you want. So move the taxigraph points a bit further away from the runway and try again.Let me know - any new discovery here is useful! But the airport editing is a beast anyway - for no reason it connects the wrong points, or dumps half the connections, or leaves orphan points which later hangs the machine.Have fun!RobD

Maybe it's a little of topic, but I was thinking often to draw the lines ( and concrete ) at the airports on the cpd files ( outside of fled ).B.Adamski

Guest Quaxo

Bogdan,The problem is that even the higher res cpd (or bin) files aren't hi-res enough. The max resolution is 4 meters/pixel. So, we can't add any detail smaller than 4 meters... and a taxiway line should be just 10-20 cm wide.And anyway, taxiways, runways and all ARE already there in the hi-res files - it's just that they are too "coarse"...Cristian