Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Windows XP

Well, I have decided to purchase Windows XP. I have been using it at work for two or three months now, and I really like it. I just hope that my version of FU3 likes it !I will let you know what happens. This will involve a complete reformat of the hard disk, and then a clean install of Windows XP (I don't like all that upgrade BS). Fortunately, re-installing FU3 is pretty easy since I arranged all of my upgrades in separate folders on my backup zip disks. It's just a simple case of copying the files over to the hard disk. The one thing that I must remember is to remove several models and animated objects that come as standard with FU3. You know, objects like the truck and windsock at Ranger Creek, those ridiculous cars that cross the runways at Bremerton National and Jefferson County, and the old dirt strip at Garibaldi in the SanFran region (some of you who have installed my SanFran 2003 package may have noticed that there is a second runway model here that aligns with the new taxiway).Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Now I just have to wait for it to drop through my letterbox.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Chris,I have been using FU3 with XP Home Edition for quite some time now... since I got this system. I haven't had any problems with it... works fine.

Guest andy9164

Chris,Same for me. I upgraded to XP 3 months ago and have not suffered any problems although I did install FU3 from the disks and not a bckup.Hope it goes well!!Andy

Andy,I would always install directly from the CD's. Since I have two copies of FU3 (and three copies of FU2), I should be safe :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png