Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Some problems with the UK-region...

I'm having some problems with the UK region:Sometimes when starting from Heathrow, the sim will crash back to the desktop while 'Starting AI' somewhere around 60-80%. It doesn't always happen.I installed the package with two airports on the isle of wight, however, I can't get Bembridge airport to work. With it installed, the sim will crash when I start at, or near, the airport. Approaching the airport from a distance appears to work OK. However, even then, the 3D objects such as buildings, as well as the runway, appear to be underground. When moving the camera, the objects look as if they are below the ground level. The "other" aiport works fine.Some of the trees around Southampton look "wrong", see attached screenshot.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/18274.jpg

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest R_Driscoll

Can't help with the first, but with the "wrong trees", these are simple cone-trees made by Captain Bazza a long time ago, and have always looked like that. They're OK in small doses to fill in distant forests I guess.RoBD.

Guest glidernut

Did you modify elevation of UK-South as part of the Isle of Wight package "uk_iow.zip"?you must do this before using the package.glidernut.

I did the elevation thing again and this time it worked :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP