Sign in to follow this  

Hello

Hello everybodyIt's been a long time since I was here last time. Looks like FU is still living happily as ever :)I noticed my fu pages have disappeared form the face of earth (they've deleted my account in school) so I put the files on my own computer.If somebody needs the old files, point your browser to http://flight3.dyndns.org/There's nothing new in there, think of it as a junkyard of Fu related things if you will. :(Tomi

Guest glidernut

Hello Tomi Lehto,Its not a junkyard, Its valuabl stuf, and is stil being used by meny of us in FU3.Yes, avsim got rid of all the FU2 stuf a long time ago, not just your stuf, but everything to do with FU2.But meny of us hav kept your stuf on privet computer,s, as its far too valuabl too loozs for ever.Infact, your tools and info hav prooved invaluabl in creating the FU3UK-South seanary, and all kindes of other FU3 addons.I dont hav the brans to use them myself, but others hav meny times over.Its good to see your sight still up and runing, Iv not visited it fora lomg time.I see you hav been experymenting with other seanary for FU3 ?Well It must be for FU3 cus FU2 dusant hav a glider!Inspight of Its low terrane detale as compaird to the UK-South,Can this new terrane be compresed inuf to be up-loded and doun-loded ?At the moment, the UK-South is the best we hav, but its only avalablon 8 CD,s. Which hav to be sent by post.If I remember right, You mut be 27 or 28 years old now.Are you stil living sumwhere in southern Finland?Did you ever get to fly a glider in your spair time? I remember you had a yerning to do so.glidernut.:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

Tomi, welcome back! There are a lot of us here who still use the utilities that you wrote - the modlights, the model working utilities.The utitilies were written for FU2 and work well with the San Fran modelmip.tag, but I have had problems extracting models from the Seattle modelmip.tag - some models come out with distorted palettes or strange roofs.Possibly you remember your rotating radar trick? If you check out the UK-South scenery (Heathrow airport), there is a large rotating radar there that is based on your idea.Enough technical talk for now - great to have you back and hope you can stay around and advise us newbies (OK, Glidernut's not a newbie).RobD.

Guest jonpoint

Tomi!Welcome back, if only for a visit ;)I would just like to say that I am (we are?) indebted to you for your work with FU2/FU3. In my earlier FU3 modelling days (daze), I religiously referred to your documentation (and tools). Rob Driscoll (above in thread) has progressed us (a lot further) by coming out with a good mipping utility. He has also made great progress with lots of new models (I have done over 200 but they are minor works by comparison to Rob's). I have used Modlight where I can for my cellphone and clearance towers, not to mention the airport lights!I hope you still get the opprotunity to fly in FU2/3 as, apart from the new region, we also have some new aircraft to fly, together with a good selection of liveries. Chris Low has planted so many trees in the US that the US Forest Service are going to use his photo instead of Smokey Bear in future :-lolThe only thing I will ask is that I'd like to know more about program calls regarding smoke & lighting, both for models and aircraft (flyable and AI). I worked out a few lights with flyable aircraft by trial and error but I don't think we have them all. As far as AIs go, I have no idea at all. Also, with Modlight, I was wondering if there are more lights 'buried' in FU as again, my attempts to find them all by trial and error didn't find any green lights or non-flashing red ones.Anyway, enough stupid questions from an Aussie newbie but I'd love to find out any more that I can! Again, my thanks for your invaluable work ;) I hope to see you around again soon!:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest juvat2

Hello Tomi,I also welcome you back to Flight Unlimited. As stated by the other guys, yours works are in constant use by these fine folks and greatly appreciated.I was intrigued by your Chicago scenery. Could you go in-depth on how you did that, maybe upload a tutorial for it?Thanks, Jim B.

Please don't talk about Chris's trees *:-*I've had a bad day today because of those trees.Here I was, practicing crosswind takeoffs with my Archer and found myself just slightly off center:http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/20891.jpgWhen all of a sudden one of those bloody trees pop up from nowhere right in front of me.No my plane is stuck in a tree and I can't get it down (-:http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/20892.jpg

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP