Sign in to follow this  
AdvancedFollower

Useless Bay!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thats nuthing,Sumwhere in the UK there is a vilige named "Why Pidl".And in this vilage there is a gararge named "Pidl in the hole".

John,That one was on "Who wants to be a millionaire" the other week!Seriously, there are some weird names in WA (from the perspective of someone not familiar with Native American or local state history - like me!).Jimmy, I'm sure there must be some weirdness in your part of the world too! I once worked with an engineer who told me he would bring to work some photos of his last trip to Hell! He then produced lots of travel snaps, including a sign (in a lot of languages) saying "Welcome to Hell". He reckoned in winter it was...In all of this, I think Australia takes the cake for weird place names. I used to go camping at a place called Problem Creek which was just down the road from Rattly Ground and across from Death Montain. :-eekSome others: Dunnidoo, Indented Head, Mangalore(!), Nar Nar Goon, Puckapunyal, Poowong, Upotipotpon :-lol , Wagga Wagga, Winji Jimmi, Wooloomooloo, Youanmite.'Avagoodweekend' :-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jimmy,Check the web under 'Coupville' and you'll see that not only are these names real but the places they describe are extraordinarily quaint. Certainly on my 'list of places to see' when I (ever get to) visit Seattle!Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

The nature in the area reminds a bit of where I live, north-eastern Sweden and especially the waterways of Norway where I often went fishing as a child. Will have to make sure I visit Seattle if I ever go to the US.We have a few weird names here, such as (directly translated from Swedish) Old Woman's Marsh, Old Man's Marsh, Cold, Elf Valley and Tooth :-lol