Sign in to follow this  
Guest Federico_P

Can't see smoke effects anymore - any ideas?

Hi,I seem to have lost my smoke effects (the black smoke such as in PFG's BAC 1-11 or that fabulous Tu-154) - or, better, if I turn them on and view my plane from behind, I can see some sort of "flickering" with the whole screen going a shade darker for a fraction of a second. I guess this means that something's corrupt - I've thought that it might be the .bmp for the smoke effects, but even after replacing it with a new one from a friend I can't see any changes. Anyone know what it might be?:-zhelp Thanks... Federico :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The flickering is from your viewpoint being in the smoke. Raise your viewpoint up and you should see the smoke. Otherwise check your FS2002/effects folder and see if there is a file called fx_smoke_rx.fx. If that file is missing you won't have any smoke effects. Also check if you accidentally changed to effects detail settings under the Options>Settings>Display menu.Misha

>The flickering is from your viewpoint being in the smoke. Yes, I had realized that :)>Raise your viewpoint up and you should see the smoke. The smoke doesn't appear from ANY view :( It worked fine until a couple of months ago..>Otherwise check your FS2002/effects folder and see if there >is a file called fx_smoke_rx.fx. If that file is missing you >won't have any smoke effects. Also check if you accidentally >changed to effects detail settings under the >Options>Settings>Display menu. Checked everything already, the file's there and effects detail is set to "high". Other than that I could only think of the bmp files for the effects. Any other ideas? I'm at a loss here :-zhelpThanksFederico