Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rich Wren

Aircraft call signs.

Guest Rich Wren

I wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of some information about how to construct a call sign out of wav files. I see that Andr

I hope so Rich. Everyone seems to have disappeared.........Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Rich,S'easy to do if you have the patience (or a new plane desperately needing a callsign).Each aircraft resfile contains a number of wavefiles for pilot and ATC voices. Open up a resfile in Resviewer and look at files 3 onwards. You will notice a pattern to it - the ATC files have 3 voices, one each saying the aircraft name and callsign, the other just saying the aircraft name.Beyond the first six (ATC) entries come the 9 pilot voices, again in pairs however, the first entry for each voice is the 'normal' aircraft name and callsign, whereas the second entry is an 'excited' (like 'you're gonna crash' type excited...). To be honest, I just use the same ones! Of course, I never panic or need an 'excited' voice. Not me. No way. Always cool, calm and... etcSo, you wanna make a new callsign? Well, firstly, does the aircraft already have the right name (Beechjet, Dash-8 etc)? If so, half the work is done (the hard part). If not, we'll get back to that later. What you need to do is edit the existing wavefiles. You will need 'Cool Edit' or some similar wavefile editor that can cut & paste.Work out your callsign - preferably stick to the aircraft name + 3 digits e.g. "Baron, Romeo India Charlie". Now, the 'Baron' bit you already have so now, go open Resviewer again and search your FU3 (genpile, engpile?) folder. You will find the pilot voice resfiles (all 9 of them - 'vcompx1-9.res') and a 'vcompctrl.res' file that includes the controller and ATC voices. Search through these for the 'Romeo', 'India' or whatever you need and export the needed files using Resviewer. Once you have assembled the 3 controller and 9 pilot samples, simply cut & paste them with your aircraft name. DO NOT convert sample types! Different FU3 aircraft have different sample types in some cases. I ALWAYS export the existing files first and use these to paste into - otherwise, the wrong sample type or rate may cause silence, repeating voices or a CTD!Is this too much info already? Let me know - we can continue later ;):-wave Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Robs

JonIf I am reading this right - if you have the basic sylables around and know where the wave file should be put you can cut and paste until you have the new name "Sunderland Flyingboat" and stick it in.Does the same go for the Airport names in scenery....I would like to get "Filton Tower" "Filton Ground" - maybe "South West Approach" for my new airport. How is this done?(Also I like to hear how these things are done so I can learn how many man hours they take...I can understand why you aren't too anxious to start getting every UK airport as a wave file!!)Also I should say how much I am begining to appreciate the DASH 8 and the hours of work that went in....I have been flying JEDI upside down and stal turning ...it is very aerobatic!Rob

Rich,When you're flying G-JEDI, try moving other AI planes around by pressing the "F" key (that's the FORCE key).Have you found the lightsabre in the stowage locker behind the pilot's seat ? Very handy for chopping logs at stupid, upgraded airfields :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.PS. For all of our American readers, a lightsabre is the same as a lightsaber :-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Rich Wren

Cheers for the info Jon, I'll have a play with it in the next couple of days and see what I can come up with. Basically I was stuck for the source for the wav files but it appears I had them all along...Rich.

Guest jonpoint

Rich & Rob,Yeah, there's plenty of material to work with in there - ya gotta go through thousands of samples but NEARLY anything can be done. Efforts to get a believable 'Qantas' didn't pay off though - there are some things you just can't get an American to say right ;)As for creating airport names, great BUT... What you will have to do is replace the existing airport names which is OK but the name appearing in FLED does not change. Basically, we ned to nominate them ALL now. I was harping-on about this a while ago but I got distracted by the glider stuff. For example, 'Seattle Approach' could become 'Heathrow Approach' but would still appear as 'Seattle' in FLED. As long as we have a plan, we'll be OK.So, what does the UK fraternity think? Obviously, it must be coordinated with the 'frequencies' listing.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************