Sign in to follow this  
Guest qvdg

Ghost Plane

Guest qvdg

Strange ghost plane seen near thames estuary. Quite a way to go but having a ball building the DH82.QvdG

Guest Ansgar

Hello QvdG,that looks promising! :-)Continue the good way - it seems you get closer in handling modeling.Best regardsAnsgar A

Guest glidernut

Hi QvdG,Its good to see your dreem of a Tiger moth in FU3 willbe a realaty in the end.Its good to see your persistance is paying off.Most peopl with a dreem, eventualy just giv up.But your persistance is a beacon to us all, and makesme feel good.glidernut.:-wave

Guest jonpoint

Quentin,Good to see! Sorry I haven't been able to do much recently - I've been a bit over-committed. It looks as though you're picking it up OK now anyway. With Ansgar's permission I could send you a pilot, when you're ready. I noticed no prop - try sticking a pizza box (imagine a box that the prop could spin inside) where the prop is and naming it "@v00spin" without the quotes of course. You must use a 'clear' texture (FLAT,RGB 255,255,255,TRANSP 100;) for it. Then you can use Gideon's Prop editor and TRY to get something that looks like wood ;)John,I think our little dream's getting closer now. Problem is, every time I go to test something, I get carried-away just flying it ;) The package is the hard part right now. I've decided to move the runway slightly and the entire field is in disarray :-('Coupla daze' :-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest qvdg

Hi, Would it be possible to get 1) Pilot 2) Geebee canopy 3) Geebee wiresas this would allow me to get a good idea on the final poly count status (I am already too high - problem with biplane trainers two of almost everything!). The canopy and wires would help as I have currently no idea how to tackle the windscreens( tranparency etc) and wires. For the pilot I have a new (well oldish) face from a photo taken whilst riding passenger in a Tigermoth over Robe in SA.Thanks for all the encouragement guys.Cheers :-) QvdG

Guest Ansgar

Hello QvdG,sure you have the allowness to use my pilot (as Jon mentioned above). So Jon you can forward the file to him, because I

Guest jonpoint

Quentin,I will send you the GeeBee efile and the Blanik efile. The wires are like a triangular-section piece with the lower face cut off. You've probably figured it out but the 3DS 'wire' command doesn't work in FU3, even though BSP doesn't hang on it.The canopy on the GeeBee is like a frame with windows in it (so is the Dash-8). My advice is, don't do it! Build the entire canopy and frame as one subobject, being careful to split polygons where the frame is. After texturing, select all the 'glass' and set it for an 'RGB' texture of 6,6,12 with 75% transparency (the excess blue in these figures gives it a nice 'sky' reflection quality - see the Blanik previews).This way you don't get gaps and you also don't get aliasing 'funnies' in FU3 (where two subobjects don't line-up 100%). The GeeBee suffers from this somewhat.As to the pilot, I'll send you my version of Ansgar's male pilot. complete with it's own texture (again, based on Ansgar's ;) ) so you can see how it's done. The way I'd add it to your plane is to add it to the efile, way out in front of the aircraft (I'll save it that way for you). After running 'eto3ds.exe' (don't forget the '/ebmp' command), open it up in Anim8or and you'll see the dude sitting out in mid-air. After ungrouping the objects, simply drag him into position. You shouldn't need to touch the texturing initially. Once happy with it, as Ansgar says, alter the model slightly or add a different face to give it some individuality. I assume he'll need a scarf ;) I'll send you my 'glider' version because the right arm is modified to hold a joystick! You may have to 'sit him up' a bit but again, that won't affect the texturing.Anyway, I'm very glad that you've gotten past the initial pitfalls - as you have probably realised by now, many of us get as much enjoyment (or more, sometimes) from creating things as we do flying them :-) It's also great to see another Aussie in the thick of it!:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest qvdg

Great, thanks guys I will look forward to receiving the files and of course the official release of the Blanik. Jon please send to my work address. Cheers, QvdG