Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

PC Pilot cover CD

Guest Rich Wren

System shutdowns? Have you got an up-to-date virus scanner handy? That's the main symptom of the MSBlast worm that has been going around of late...Cheers,Rich.

Rich,Yes, I am aware of that. However, this type of thing happened when I first bought Windows XP, and the MSBlast virus was nowhere to be seen. It's just good old Windows XP up to its stupid tricks again. Hopefully, installing FU3 directly from the hard disk will be as effortless as it was last time, but that isn't a certainty. It's ridiculous how copying from a CD to the hard disk can result in this type of pathetic behaviour. PLEASE NOTE that this was never a problem with Windows ME.....and that's for everyone out there who thinks that XP is such a stable, caring, friendly desktop environment. Windows XP may well be more stable and "safe" in many ways, but sudden system shutdowns when doing nothing more than copying a CD's contents is completely unacceptable.I also have to install Rally Trophy and Grand Prix Legends tonight, so this evening could be fun (my PC shutdown during the first attempted RT installation last time, so it isn't only FU3 that suffers from this).Just pray for me, eh ? :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png