Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

Jon Point's FU3 cfg file and weather file.

Guest jonpoint

Dear All,These files are for those of you that wanted a copy of my configuration file and the weather file used during my recent screenshots. I have fiddled with a lot of things and some slower PCs may run a tad slow without reducing terrain detail level from '999' to '103', and maybe a few other 'softeners'.To use:- Unzip these files to a temporary folder.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/45731.ziphttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/45733.zip- Make a backup copy of your flt3.cfg file.- Copy this cfg file into your flight3 folder.- Copy the .wsd file to your flight3weather folder- Have fun.* Turn the 'Haze' slider up a bit for nice sunsets and sunrises.* If you have other than an Nvidia video card, you may need to alter the 'hazemethod' settings (but try it first).Disclaimer:These files are freeware and are intended for distribution through the file library system of www.avsim.com only. These files should cause your PC no harm and work well with the PC configurations mentioned within the cfg file. If you experience lockups after installing them, delete the files and either restore your original cfg file or simply run FU3 to generate a new one.Tradenames and trademarks remain the property of their owners. Flight Unlimited III is copyright EA Technologies.Thanks to Rob Driscoll for re-commenting the file and including every possible entry!Thanks to John Lewis for the model_scale setting recommendation.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Dann

Jon,Thanks! I've tweaked my configuration file and I've played around with the weather editor...I look forward to seeing what ingenious additions you've made.Dan

Thanks Jon!Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#6f0000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

Guest R_Driscoll

Thanks Jon, I'll give this a try too. I suspect my aging nvidia card is now the limitation! But we've come a long way since the initial LGS config file, the Peter James-preferred file, Laurie's weather tweaks and my old annotated config file.Robd.

Guest glidernut

Iv got bluw sky and haz at the same time.Normaly if you use any haz at all, it kils the bluw in the sky and changes it to whight.The way to do it is to lower the number of the "AtmosphereThickness" line in the cfg file,The lower the number, the deeper the bluw.The difalt valu is 250000Snap 1 is without haz, and has a valu of 20000 But if you want bluw sky and haz at the same time, you will hav to lower the number even mor,dipending on how huch haz you like.Ps, this is the line to look for in the cfg file,AtmosphereThickness 250000if you dont hav this line, then put it there.Thanks to RobD & Jon pointglidernut.:-wave

Guest qvdg

I second that, it looks superbe ! QvdG

Guest TFT1

Hi Jon,thanks,in combination of your cfg and this from ansgar I have now nice puffy clouds to fly through.But how can I get rid of this effect shown in the pic.Tryed with punt_vertex_fog and without. No change.ThxTFT

Guest jonpoint

Heinz,Try setting your video card to use 'fog table emulation'. Actually, what video card do you use? These settings work well with my two Nvidia cards.Maybe I should post my video settings? Only thing is, I change them all the time. For example, at night, anisotropy is useless but AA is very important to stop the lights flickering so I turn aniso off to get a few fps. I also switch to 800x600 at night - a few more fps to make up for the 4XS AA! During the day, I use Quincunx AA and aniso.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest TFT1

Hi Jon,I tried all settings, no change at low altitude = 2500ft.Any other ideasBut cloud looking cool. First time I can fly also over the clouds. Had clouds allways all the univers through.ThanksTFT