Sign in to follow this  
Guest qvdg

Tiger moth Update

Hi all, For those open cockpit fans some news on the Tigermoth.3D - Model: getting there still some hiccups with wires doing strange things. Also probably too many polys but FU3 seems happy enough.Moving parts: Thanks to some serious coaching from Ansgar we now have moving ailerons, rudder and elevator. Some currently move in the opposite direction but that is easy to fix. My rudder axel however seems to cut a triangluar piece out of the tail fin... still have to think that one throughTextures: Again thanks to help from Ansgar on the mysterious world of texturing the old girl got her first texture this week. Just the cowling for the moment but I was thrilled when I saw the fruit of my labours.Ok still quite a bit to do (+flight model + sounds...) and certainly a few more hurdles but I am having a great time.As you know Steve is working on the cockpit which from what he posted looks outstanding.:-)Cheers, QvdG

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Quentin,Looks great - I can almost hear it!How long are you over here? I am travelling north to visit some relatives near the QLD border in a couple of weeks ;):-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Looks very good, think about releasing a simplified static model of it please it will be welcome at the Duxford exibition area...Thanks :-wave agtim

Jon, I will be there for 3 weeks. I will checking in at the AVSIM site occasionally (particularly to see some screen shots of the T6, Otter etc. Drop us (<-you see I can still speak the language ;-) a line.Cheers QvdG