Sign in to follow this  
AdvancedFollower

Where to get UK aerial photos?

Hi. I'm looking at doing a small scenery project of my own for another simulator (if I actually do it and get it finished, I'll tell you more). I'm looking at doing one of the small islands like Lundy Island or part of the Isles of Scilly. I thought some of you here might know a bit more, since many of you work on the UK-South scenery for FU3.Where can I purchase UK aerial photos? I checked Getmapping UK but I was only able to find 12.5 cm. and 25 cm/pixel photos. That's too expensive, not to mention way too detailed for current videocards and harddrives. I need a resolution of 2-10 meters/pixel (depending on pricing), true colour. Is the pricing different depending on if you re-sell it as part of a payware scenery or give it away for free (freeware)?Any tips for other sites where I can find good aerial/satellite pictures from interesting places?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

While at getmapping, did You not notice the UK VFR Series for F$?One volume is down to around $20. These disks contain arial photos at 4.8 meters/pixel.You will have to do a little stitching but the quality is OK.I am not sure Getmapping would like You to distribute their arials, but for Your own pleasure, no limit..Good luck.ChrisD