Sign in to follow this  
Guest clark12

Angle of view

Guest clark12

Hello again!Perhaps you know the problem yourself: In some aircraft, e.g the great DHC-8, you simply cannot see the ground while taxiing or the runway on final while in IFR-mode. As I recognized from the answers to my heli-post a few days ago, it should somehow be possible to change the angle of view. Could anyone please tell me how? I tried to do so in ResViewer and CockpitDesigner, but I failed... :-(Thanks for your help, and enjoy your weekend :-)Greets,Chris

Guest juvat2

Hi Chris,I think head tilt might be what your looking for.When you get in the cockpit, open the command console by the "shift" + " : " key. Then type "head_tilt 20" or something from 0 to 360.Other views are:F1 will turn off the cockpit. F8 is a chase view, use the hat switch to pan up/down and the "z" or "x" key to zoom in or out.Take care,JimB.

Chris,The only time that I ever use the IFR cockpit view is when I need to see a dial that is not viewable in VFR cockpit mode. With the Beechjet, I only use the F3 view to change the radio frequencies. The IFR cockpit "view" isn't really a view as far as I am concerned, since I prefer to see the world outside the plane when I am flying (and that includes landing and taking-off).Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You may also put a "head tilt" line directly into the flt3.cfg.Mine currently reads: head_tilt 355With this setting the IFR panel looks about right for most of the aircraft.Regarding the console commands, people with non-English keyboards will have to use different key combinations than the standard ones. Well actually, it's the same keys but they are set up for different signs or letters. Apparently FU3 reads the commands in DOS mode and then any "regionalized" keyboard layout is being ignored. To find the right ones, consult the key command map / a map of a standard US keyboard and find the right keys -- it's the position that counts.Hans Petter

Hmmm....maybe I wasn't thinking when I posted my reply. I was forgetting that there are other ways of flying besides VFR. If you are making an ILS approach, it stands to reason that you will need to be in IFR cockpit mode.Well, that's as good a reason as ever for me to steer well clear of ILS approaches :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Chris,This wont help you, It may even confuse you, so take no notes of this.But out of interest I just want to point out that when sum one designes a cockpit in CockpitDesigner.exe thay can set the angl of vew to whatever angl thay ####, or feel thay need to see over the instrements.And cockpits with a lot of insterments need it.I may be rong but I think all the aircraft in FU3's VFR vews hav beenangld douw to sum extent.But for me, I dont like to use the head tilt line in my cfg, or on the console, or the bilt in head tilt of the panals designer.Bicous a byproduct of useing the head tilt makes the horizen jump upand douwn as you go threw the hat swich vews, and I fined it very disconserting, espeshaly as I do most of my flying by lookingwhere Im going insted of looking at the instrements.So when I resantly did the ASW28 panals for the stemme, I made a diliberat and ditermind efort to keep all the vews with no head tilt at all and stilhav very good all round vews, and hav the horizen at the sam leval allthe time.I may be rong but I think I am the first one to do this. Glidernut.:-wave

Guest clark12

Hi all of you!Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I'll try them a.s.a.p. Seems that I got somebody wrong last time, because the solution I was looking for was some kind of "built-in head tilt" or so. Nevertheless, I'll fly under VFR-conditions until I worked it out ;-)A good week to you wherever you may fly!chris