Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

Finally! A cockpit for the DHC-6

Guest clark12

Hey Jonathan,thanks a lot for your great work! This really looks good - and I can't wait to fly this plane!Have a nice weekend!GreetzChristian

Well, I sorted out the DHC-6 problems.My security level for the mailbox was set a little too high, and thecomputer claimed it as a possible terrorist attack:-hah Jon.Thank you very mutch for sending over this new aircraft.I looks like a masterpiece.Very nice work!I have to go flying this new bird.Thanks again.Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest jonpoint

Pete,Yeah, that's what I thought too, however that's what the report said. I reckon it was poor maintenance/bad conditions and they just wanted to blame the pilot. Apparently, the winds were fairly high, and not in a truly appropriate direction either. A sick plane, choppy water and a crosswind will do terrible things to your life expectancy - as will flying for unreputable operators (no names mentioned...)This 'may have been ;) ' the same company that lost their only remaining F27 into the sea a couple of years ago due to poor maintenance. Fortunately, most got out I believe. :-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Guest jonpoint

Dear All,Sorry about the WinAce bit! In my ignorance, I had assumed that many people had availed themselves of this wonderful piece of software. I have sent stuff to quite a few people using it. My apolgies again.The reason for using it is simply size. WinAce does a much better job of compressing resfiles (like, it actually CAN compress them...) as well as offering a suite of niceties. I use both (and yes, I've paid for licenses for both ;) ) but I always use WinAce when size is important, as in email attachments.A secondary reason is due to recent virus attacks, some providers blocked zipfiles (ours still quarantines them) and an Ace file is more likely to get through.To those that haven't used it much, give it a go. It creates zipfiles (and a heap of other formats), reads them all as well and has never caused me a glitch (except for this experience..).:-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************