Sign in to follow this  
Guest olympic2

Runway numbering UK-South

Guest olympic2

Since getting UK-South up and running, I have been making a few flights in and out of various airports. Flying into Stanstead, I note the runway marking as 26R which seemed strange as the heading was 228 and the quick flight map gives the runway as 05/23 (this btw is correct). I had a look at the airport in Fled and the info there also says 05/23.I also noticed that Runway 23 at Heathrow is numbered 08L/26R, which leads me to think a generic runway model with 08/26 markings was used.One other thing that is confusing is the choice of radio frequencies ,again at Stanstead the ATIS frequency is quoted at 127.18 while the radio defaults to 127.20, and Ground control is quoted at 121.72 which defaults to 121.70. I have tentatively overcome the radio problems by editing the frequencies in the .cfs files.The frequencies quoted above are from the std3.zip file.Is there an update I have not found or can someone advise please.

As far as I am aware, radio frequencies in FU3 can only be defined in .05 increments. In other words, a real world frequency of 121.72 would have to be either 121.70 or 121.75 in FU3.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

NO, Fu3 supports the full .025 frequency transitions, but doesn't support keyboard changing in .025 increments. To show this, go to Stansted, then type 'ALT-F' (i.e. hold down the Alt key and F-key simultaneously) and it will cycle through the correct frequencies for Stansted. But you will have to undo your changes first.As to the runway markings, no the runways are not generic (heaven forfend!). In the first release the correct runway number was assigned. The bug occurred later and I think was caused by a third party borrowing the MIP, re-editing it for their runway, publishing and not realising this would also change the Stansted runway.The UKS development team has hit some snags at the moment. For some reason the guy who looks after distribution of UKS updates is not able to get a working version of the latest stuff on his computer and we have been stalled there for some time, since he does the distribution. Since some of the components of the upgrade are quite large, it has not been easy to solve this and we can't release it piecemeal on AVSIM. I am trying to work with Jon Point to sort this at present.Most recent versions of UKS packages use the new expanded models database, so until we can sort this, I am reluctant to release these upgraded packages on AVSIM. But you can still get Stansted version 2, which should have the bug corrected. If I send you the corrected MIP though, the third party runway will be wrong! So you need the full upgrade. This may take a bit of time.RobD.

Guest olympic2

RobD, HiThanks - that explains a lot.I shall now go back and change my Stanstead frequencies back to where they should be, and keep my eyes open for the updates.Just like to confirm that my intent was not of a criticism of the work put into UK Southas it is a marvellous effort by all concerned. I was just puzzled by what appeared to be some basic errors.Just a case of putting brain in gear before putting foot in mouth.Cheers :-eek

Guest olympic2

RobDForgot to ask,Stanstead version 2?I can only find std1.zip and std3.zip in the AvSim library.Unfortunately I cannot run std3.zip (unless I am prepared to accept framerates around 5fps).Is there one missing from the library

Guest R_Driscoll

OK, I will check, and try to provide a link to it.

Guest olympic2

Rob,Think I may have found it.There is a file named "stn2.zip" while the others are named "std1 and std3.zip".You may wish to have a look at the other message I have posted today and comment.