Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

Scenery Detail Missing etc...

FU3 Friends, Today I copied FU-3 to my C Drive... It worked fine before I removed the D Drive (where FU-3 used to be) from the machine. I am having two problems. 1) When I finally get flying, The scenery has lost all of its detail, and there is a message on the screen which says "Insert Scenery Disc 1."and, 2) After pushing the "fly now" button, the computer hangs up when the AI-traffic reaches 98 or 99%. It completely locks, most of the time and even a Ctrl-Alt-Dlt won't reboot.Could it be looking for something on D drive which is gone?... Is there something in the program that is initialized for D drive since my original installation was on D?I have Chris Low's many packages and a few extra aircraft in my installation. I don't want to re install everything if there is a solution. Seems like I had this happen a couple of years ago, but I can't remember how I fixed it. I'm a pilot... not a computer technician! ;^)Thanks again, in advance.Grounded Steve

Guest juvat2

Hello Steve,Sounds like the your region.cfg needs edited to reflect the new location of Flight3Ccrom on your "c" drive. Your region.cfg should be located at "C:Program FilesFlight3REGIONS", and may contain 2 to 4 folders for the hi-res regions you are flying. I have seattle and sanfran hi-res. Open the respective region.cfg with notepad and edit the line reg_cd_path from "D" to "C". A partial of my region.cfg for Seattle is pasted here. My Flt3 is installed on "F" drive. It's the second line. """2) After pushing the "fly now" button, the computer hangs up when the AI-traffic reaches 98 or 99%. It completely locks, most of the time and even a Ctrl-Alt-Dlt won't reboot."""----After correcting your region.cfg(s) and this still happens, hit the "esc" key and Flt3 should continue.Hope this was helpful,JimBreg_name Seattle-Tacoma Metropolitan Areareg_cd_path F:Program FilesFlight3cdromseattlemapsreg_cd_levels 2reg_terrain_disk_name Flight Unlimited III Scenery Disk 1

Guest Ansgar

Hi Steve,I will try to answer your first question:1) I assume you tried a flight in the additional SanFran Region? Or you hove shifted also the drive letter to your CD-drive (after removing D: all others drives shifted one letter "up").In any case you have an link to your added detailed scenery in every region of FU3. Pls. look into the file "region.cfg" - in each of this files you have an link to the drive were the high-density files of your scenery can be found for FU3. You must know that every region you installed uses under the ".region" subfolder of FU3 has such an configuration file. I.e. C:Flight3regionSEATTLEregion.cfgNormal the path is defined direct in the 2.line of the region.cfg file.Here an example:reg_cd_path e:seattlemapsWhere e: is the name to your CD drive-letter.So change this line to the correct location with an simple text-editor: notpad.exe. And the first problem should be solved.It may be that also your second problem is gone then. If not there may be an problem of one addon in the additional packs you installed. It

Jim and Ansgar,Thank you very much for your reply!! That was exactly my problem! Everything is working fine now, apparently. I can't get over how helpful and prompt people are in this small group. Now its "up and away" again.Have a nice day, fellows!Steve

Guest Ansgar

Dear Steve,very good that we could help you to solve the problem.This "nice people around" are exactly another great reason (behind the nice old sim they use ;-) ) to develop all the planes, scenery, challenges etc. for this flightsim. It