Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

New UKS packages

Guest R_Driscoll

I have put an updated version of all UKS packages into the AVSIM library. The version is in three parts:UKS_GEN04.zip - contains the day and night model databases. The new packages will not run without them. This is a large download, and unzipped is about 75 Mb - its a lot of models.UKS_PAK04.zip - contains upgraded versions of all UKS packages. These have been optimised for speed, requiring a bare field rewrite of many of them. However Andre's Isle of Wight packages have not been released as rewrites - they are his original packages (with the addition of Osborne House, and renaming of some models to avoid the redundant "1" for Seattle copies and strees for jtrees. If this doesn't make sense, ignore it).UKS_CFG04.zip - contains a basic AI for UKS, a corrected AIRPORTS folder and a corrected MODELS folder.The three files are all necessary. Don't try installing one without the others - the results might be very strange!Future package releases will be relative to this version.This version represents the current working version on my computer, which runs completely crash and error free, even with AI settings over 100%.The packages contain major upgrades and improvements to my own packages; GATWICK, STANSTED, LCA (a joint project with Hans Petter), HEATHROW (minor changes), LUTON (a joint project with Andy Rowson) and STONEHENGE.Do not install if you don't have UKS.If you have problems, check:1) did you delete the old folders as required?2) have you installed to the correct directories? (especially the night database GENLITEMAPS).3) do you have DISTANT MOUNTAINS switched off (under FU3 'options')?Some hints:I have found UKS works perfectly with Dave Reeves upgrades to 1) ATC and 2) airports, using a FULL STAND-ALONE INSTALLATION OF FU3 and with OUTER TERRAIN. That is the only configuration I have installed and tested.Other forms of installation MAY work, but may require deletion of some airports.My contribution to FU3 is limited to packages and models, and I cannot offer help or advice with installation of the basic region, apart from saying what works for me.RobD.If your installation is different, I cannot guarantee it will work.

Hi Robert,Was away the last 2 weeks,Many thanks for this large work. Is there a problem with Isle of Wight that I should fix or change ? or with Lundy Island ?I will test this set and then adapt the still unfinished Duxford Airfield to this new database before uploading it. :-wave Andre

Guest R_Driscoll

Andre, you can't go away for two weeks like that! (we need you here).And congrats to Federer (again, grrr!).Isle of Wight: - I rebuilt this for myself, because there were some 'hidden' models (multiple copies of FBO's on top of each other) that were killing framerates. Deleting objects (using your models program) didn't help, and framerates were down to around 2-3 fps on takeoff. So I tried to make a new version based on your original, and got framerates up to about 8 fps (normal on my computer is 12-15 fps max). However for the AVSIM release I put back your original version. It is possible some people might find slow framerates there, and I think there is a problem with the FBO's. I think it would be a good idea if you could test out Bembridge and Sandown for yourself. Let me know how this goes. It is worth the effort, since as I said before your packages are extraordinary - not just IOW but Farallon Is and all the places where you have not just added a package but also modified the landscape.At some stage we should add Cowes to this package! - put in some yachts etc and make a little village there.With Lundy Island, I kept the package but deleted the airport as it always crashed my sim. I have tried rebuilding the airport myself, but without success. Now I have a bit more spare time I will try again.Thanks,RobD.