Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Upgrades

Guest R_Driscoll

This is just update on model work for UKS. I have constructed models for The Oval (Surrey C.C. at Kennington), including the famous gas tanks and some rough models for the stands. I couldn't use the Stamford Bridge stands since they were embedded in the Chelsea model and anyway, they look totally different! I have landscaped around it (using Hans Petter's models of course) and it looks quite nice, but I haven't done the pitch - just left that as is because of FU3's problems with ground objects.Talking of this problem, here are two other recent clashes I have had with FU3:1) I built proper soccer nets (OK, simple ones!) for Chelsea, and built a grass pitch. Using ModelView it looks great. Load it into FU3 and the soccer goals disappear, from all angles! The soccer goals are rendered using transparency textures, whereas the ground is solid (well duhh as Bart would say). But FU3 does not display them correctly.2) there is a large fountain outside Buckingham Palace, with a gold statue on top. I made this some time ago, but not very well. So I remade it in more detail. Again I was very disappointed with the way the final fountain was displayed in FU3 - the ground base (this time rendered as a transparency texture since I needed a round base, like Stonehenge) showed through the rest of the fountain.It could be my old Nvidia card. If any of you happen to fly over Stamford, could you please have a look for those missing nets? I will be very happy if you see them, and then I can blame my graphics card!And here's a CHALLENGE:Can anyone post pictures of the Microsoft windows in Seattle at different times of day? You may get a surprise.

Guest R_Driscoll

Well I'm the one surprised. I found some old documentation that said the windows change colour at sunset. I will try some more myself. Maybe its a feature that was not included in the end? But there are some strange things with the Seattle models.RobD.