Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

1 meter/pixel color photo's-free There is a way

Guest juvat2

Hi,-Using the latest version of USA Photo Mapper color images can be downloaded. To do this you want to be in View/Urban mode. Though the zoom range for the "urban" image range is 2 to .25 meter, the actual download detail is 1 meter. It's free-ware. http://jdmcox.com/-With the BigJpeg.exe tool, the downloaded images can be converted to Jpeg. Freeware -Using the ConvertSDTS.exe tool height data can be applied. Freeware. -The Redeye tool is used to further clarify the image. Freeware-See his help and advanced help.-I used DeLorme Street Atlas USA to determine geo-cords boundaries, then converted to something USA Photo Mapper understands at "http://jeeep.com/details/coord/".-This screen shot is an on-going download of 1 meter urban Tucson Itl. My zoom is set to 2 meter, the actual detail of the images are 1 meter/pixel.-I'm on dial-up modem, so it will be a long while before I can get the whole of Tucson city.-I think with a good slicer tool, and lots of patience, these would be good for creating custom outer terrain textures using 0 as rotation in the Flt3 rules.txt-Or perhaps several hi-res regions Tucson, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Las Angeles, etc. Where ever "urban" images are availableYou all take care,JimB

Hi Jim,Thanks for info, this is exactly what we need to create new highres regions for FU3. To save downloadtime choose 4meters/pixel because it's the limit of FU3. When you download 1m/pixel you have to download 16 times more and then downsize to 4m/pixel so try to be as near as possible at 4m/pixel.Hope to see new region soon, will not do it because I have a lot to do with my current new regions. At problems to create megatiles / elevation your welcome. :-wave agtim

Guest effyouthree

Jim,Great stuff ;)+ Andre,The 1 metre resolutions are much better for airport environs though. I accept that FU3 only maps terrain at 4m/pixel however, for models, there is no limit. A 1 metre resolution gives us better taxiways, roads and shorelines!I have actually tried overtexturing with suburban tiles (yes, taken from 2000ft out the window) and it looks much better than 4m/pixel but there is no Sydney in FU3 :-roll You can see the backyards and driveways though.:-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest R_Driscoll

Yep.The overtexturing helps - gets you from say 2000 ft down to say 500 ft still looking good. Of course when you're taxiing around on the stuff, you need a tad more resolution again, so my overtextured taxiways don't look as good as the modelled taxiways. But then again, its better'n'uttin.We've come a long way already. Just starting with packages, then developing new models (Captn Bazza - not me), then pushing packages to increased verticality, adding nightlighting, now overtexturing is our next major breakthrough. And that's just airports! Well done ALL!RobD.

Guest olrios

HiThe photos that I get are only in black and white. Am I doing something wrong ?Olivier

Guest juvat2

Hi Olivier,The program downloads type of images based on the view you are in. So you need to be in view/map type/urban areas, then select file/download map data/fill screen. Then it will download the colored high resolution images. Remember not all urbans areas have been uploaded to terra server. So if you get "x" in the grids, that means terra server does not have a color urban image for the co-ord you requested.The black and white images are 4m resolution.Hope this was helpful,JimB