Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

Console comand beamto

Guest glidernut

Hi all,Iv just discuvered another way of geting from A to B in FU3. How to go back to that place on the ground that you founed the other day that hasno airpot icon or place of interest icon to help you fined it agen.Having founed a place you might want to retern to, go into zoar mode "Ctrl z" andmake a note of the zoar mode numberes, just the numberes on the top line only.Then when you want to go back to that spot, bring up the console "shift :" and typethe majik word "beamto" flowed by the numbers you made a note of, and then pres theretern key, thats the upsied douwn L shaped key, and shasam, your there.See what to typ at the top of the snapshot. What,s that you say, "you alredy knew that" "hO"well nobody toled me!glidernut.

Guest R_Driscoll

Sounds like something from StarTrek - beamto surface, Scotty! Nice discovery!RobD.

Guest Motormouse

he he, its' detailed in the chalscrp file ( you can find it on the cd somewhere) which details how to script challenges.Here's the list of commands that can be invoked,and no,I don't know what they all do!!help : show command infohelp_pref : spew commands starting w/stringrun : run script commands in filedump_cmds : dump command list to filebind : bind func to hotkeybindf : load bindings from filego : teleport to x,y megatilebeamto : teleport to latitude and longitudetoggle_show : Toggle cockpit show modedescribe_key : show the binding of specified hotkeysaveposition : Save off the current positionsaveorientation : Save off the current orientationfu2hoops : Translate FU2 hoops file to FU3 marker filereset_frame_rate_stats: reset frame rate counterset_model_density : set the model densityset_model_mask : set the model creation maskhead_tilt : set the head tiltset_stealth : set percent transparency of player planecd : send a CD commandtaxi_graphics : enable auto create/destroy of taxi lines & signsmemstats : show memory statisticscache_stats : show cache statsmodel_detail_scale : set model detail scaleset_com_radio : set frequency of COM radioset_nav_radio : set frequency of NAV radioset_vor_radial : set radial of VORset_cursor_pos : set cursor positionset_drop_panel : set drop down instrument panelset_autopilot : turn autopilot on/offset_autopilot_fd : turn autopilot FD on/offset_wradar : turn weather radar on/offset_wradar_range : set weather radar rangeset_rmi : set RMI on/offset_haze : set haze level (0 - 1)set_anti_ice : set anti icingset_autopilot_vs : turn autopilot vspeed on/offset_wind_accuracy : set wind accuracy (0 - 2)joy_info : dump joystick info to joyinfo.txtjoy_device : set joystick devicerudder_device : set rudder devicethrottle_device : set throttle devicetoe_brakes_device : set toe brakes deviceprop_pitch_device : set prop pitch devicemixture_device : set mixture deviceshow_buttons : show joystick buttonsfunc : do a joykey funcwx_toggle_tstorm : Toggle thunderstorm debugging spewwx_toggle_bolt : Toggle continuous lightning hackwx_toggle_show_info : Toggle weather infosave_weather : save weather seedphys_ap_speed : set autopilot speed (knots)phys_ap_climb : set autopilot climb (100s of ft/min)phys_ap_alt : set autopilot altitude (1000s of ft)phys_ap_heading : set autopilot heading (degrees)phys_propbrake : toggle propbrakephys_toebrakes : set toebrakesexit : Exit the current loopsysedit_command : edit a command in the command editor: edit_command history_cmd : edit command from history offsetc_set : set config variablec_unset : unset config variabledump_hotkeys : dump list of defined hotkeys:-wavePete

Guest glidernut

Thanks Pete,Well I carnt say no one toled me anymore.Steffen giv me a way of produsing a MARKERS file with the hoops position and orientation in it, and it works just fine, but this way of produsing a MARKERS file is long and laborias.There is a much more ifishiant way of doing it useing the "fu2hoops command" whitch is suposedto Translate an FU2 hoops file to FU3 marker file.I hav an "Automatically generated "hoopsdef.hop file" and an empty "MARKERS.DAT file, but this is as far as I hav got. Iv tryed the "fu2hoops" command in the console and Iv tried it in a skript, but to no avale.Iv tried it every which way I can think of but still to no avale.Dus anyone know how to use this "fu2hoops" command?glidernut