Sign in to follow this  
agtim

UK South elevation new release including Heathrow

UK South elevation new release including Heathrow and London City60% of the UKS region are now working with the new NASA SRTM elevation with real values in the 64m FU3 grid. The full range west to east from London up to the north bound of the region. Duxford position has been raised to the real elevation of 144ft and even the Pepperton Hill in the back of the runway is visible as in reality. Download for UKS developers as usual (50MB !)http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/duxfordnew.jpgDuxford with Pepperton Hill in the backgroundhttp://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/duxfordreal.jpgReal view of a Spitfire at Duxford with Pepperton Hill in the background :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

Wonderful news! I can't believe how much you have covered and so quickly.

Hi Robert,The east part is very flat, so much easier to fit.Just adjusted Bristol now. Hills around Bristol airport looks nice.You can continue with Southend now. If the wawe on sea are too high,just open the elevation file and paint the water area to black (=0 meters). I have use this with the river Thames so we get a nice border of the river - just the museum at Greewich is now in the air but London City airport looks OK. :-wave agtim

Guest hyderpotter

Where can I download UK South?

Hi,This original post is 1 year old and not up to date.Reality is that all texture is finished but 50% elevation only.The size of near 14 Gigabytes are definite not for download.for accurate elevation placement using the new SRTM_V2 we must first define the exact lat/long degrees near to a second for each corner of each tile.as far than I know there is nobody working on this project any more and the status is stalled.hope we will have a restart one day :-) :-wave agtim

Guest thanOS

HelloI am looking for the UK-South scenery files and as there is a number of files in the library i am kind of confused as to which one is the valid / current one.I would appreciate some help on this one :-)Many thanksthanOS