Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

Shairing a half-baked ider:

Guest glidernut

Hi all,Hav you seen thows small mooving pichters.I dont know what thay are caled, but theres lots of them on the net,See the flag exampl:If sumthing moovs on sumones web sight, you can bet your botom dolerits one of them, and mor often than not, you can pinch them just bycopying and pasteing them to your desk-top.Thees mooving pichters consist of ditween 4 and 24 ordinery pichters,and presoomably a little bit of soft-where that shows one pichter afterthe other, like frames in a film.Well the thing is, thees pichters can easaly be extracted and terned into .mip,sand .bin,s and used as models in FU3, and allthow we carnt use the little bit of soft-where atached to them, we can create the soft-where useing the script of a chalange.And thats what Iv dun, Iv imitated the soft-where in a chalange script.Thats what the .zip file is, its a miny chalange, that dus nuthing otherthan show one model for a split second bifor showing the next for a split second, and so on and so on, fore ever, like frames in a film.So theres nuthing to stop us having all sorts of realistikly mooving modelsin FU3. Propelers on plains, roters on helicopters, wind-mils, waves, flags,peopl that walk, realistik fire, winch-lines for gliders, and so on and so on.Theres almost no limit to what we can hav.BUT, there is one big douwn-side to all of this, we can only see them whenflying in a chalang.And if thats not bad inuf, we would need on averige 20 files for every realistikly mooving object.And thay would all hav to go in GEN, bicous as yet, no one has managed toget a chalang to use models stored in the chalange,s owne directory.But we do nouw hav the soft-where to play thees mooving objects in FU3in the form of a chalange script, which is a moov in the right direction.The "A Test.zip" is a very small working chalang in Seattl that demonstrates how we can use models like frames in a film.There are no new models with this,I hav not bilt any models for this,It only uses models you alredy hav,Its just to sper your imagination.INSTERLATION:Put the "A Test" folder in your REGIONS SEATTLE chalanges folder andGiv it a go.Any thorts? any one?glidernut.

Hi Glidernut, this opens new ways for the game ! :-)well done ! :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

Glidernut, don't you ever stop? (you must run on everready batteries or is it duracell - I'm not good on ads). (I put flags on a few buildings - Osborne house, Buckingham palace, a few others I think. It would be amazing to have moving flags).Keep the idea baking. I look forward to the final loaf! RobD.