Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Joystick problem

A potential new member of the FU3 community has a joystick problem, and I would like to know if anyone can solve it for him. He is trying to use a USB Saitek Cyborg Evo joystick, but FU3 is only recognising the throttle control at the moment. He can't get the directional controls to work, and the thought of having to use the keyboard to fly around is giving him nightmares ! :-)He has told me that he will register here, and provide more details regarding his problem. Since many of you use joystick/throttle combinations that would make a Space Shuttle pilot nervous....I suspect that someone here will probably be able to help :-lolChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Pieter

This is a tough one. The problem lies with, if he uses WinXP, the USB joystick detection. I've had a similar problem with the Wingman 3D FF, it seems to me that most motherboards have j/s ports. This might be still be activated via the PC Bios. It is recognised as j/s number 1 by XP and the USB as #2. The X/Y axis is now in "ghost" mode allocated to a non-present #1 j/s and XP picks up the remaining axis as only present in the 2nd j/s. The motherboard port must be disabled first, but this is a nightmare to get it working and I can't help further on with a Saitek Cyborg...Pieter

Maybe I'm a bit naive now but I'm using a joystick and CH pedals under Win 2000. I'd be happy to list my joykeys once more but I assume that there's a more basic problem here?Hans Petter

Guest fu3

Try rebooting the PC and entering the BIOS setup. Navigate to something like 'integrated peripherals' and scroll down to 'parallel port' or 'printer port'. There should be a hex address (that you can change). Hit or and set it to 'disabled'. In some BIOSes there is a separate enable/disable setting.Escape out of there, hit and to save and reboot.Now, try your USB joystick ;):-wave

Jon,Yes, it seems that your suggestion has done the trick. He can now use his USB Saitek Cyborg Evo joystick to fly in FU3 !Now he just needs to be able to start posting here (he is having registration problems, although Tom (Allensworth) has told me that these have been sorted out).Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png