Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Package checker

Guest R_Driscoll

I have a little program which can1) look at materials used in models (a sort of Windows version of the old BinInfo program)2) check that a package has all models and all mipfiles available.The program was made by analysing the structures of the modelmip.tag, the BIN files and the package structure. I had some brilliant help from agtim (with a code example!) to help with the package structure, which made it all very easy.This package would be of use to package developers. I am not sure if there is enough interest to warrant release on AVSIM, but if anyone wants a copy, contact me.File structure for modelmip.tag:a) header, with address of a 'directory' of all models:( BIN and MIP files, all with a header giving full name, otherwise exactly as for free modelsc) a directory of BIN/MIP file locations in modelmip.tag.This supports Jon's conclusion that there is no real need to add all models to the modelmip.tag database. The main reasons for LGS doing this were probably to save diskspace (since models are small but file allocations are large).RobD.

Guest juvat2

Rob,I just downloaded and used your very handy tool. I mainly used it to for it's BinInfo feature in the region gen folder. I wanted to report that it can also give bin info on Looking Glass Studios' Thief Gold object bins, Thief II object bins, and Janes Attack Squadron aircraft and object bins. Pretty neat.Thank you very much for this universal tool.JimB

Guest glidernut

Ches,RobD has put it on AVSIM. Its on avsim nouw.Yes I know he sed he wasant sure if there was enough interest to warrant release on AVIM, but I twisted his arm, and thretand to ....... .... .. .... ...... ........ if he didant.He knows better than to cros me.Its briliant.glidernut.

Glad to see someone is keeping him under control!Just downloaded the zip - will try it later this evening.Ches