Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

Glider progres report.

Guest glidernut

This is the second time Iv bilt this, the first one was lost whenmy hard driv paced up, but this second ASW28 is much beter.Flight model, flaps, ailerons, undercarige, elevater, ruder, airbrakes,mane model, crash models, F4 vew model?, BSP cuting plains, axils, sounds, shadows, all cocpit vews, all finished.All in all its cuming along very well, in fact every time I chek out sum littledeatail on it in FU3 I forget what Im suposed to be cheking and end up just flying it for 20 minits or mor. Exept theres no proper textuers yet. Iv just spent a howl munth of frustrationtrying to figer out textuering with pichers in 3D Studio MAXR2.5with no progres at all, exept just coulers, as you can see I hav managed totextuer the model useing just coulers, but doing it this way means I onlyhav the FU3 model palet coulers to ply with, and thay are all crap, thereisant a deasent bright culer in there, not one.Without proper textuers ie, snap-shots, to cuver the model with, things likehinge lines on the control serfaces are all but invisabl, and the wheels arejust plaine black, and the F4 vew model in particuler looks horabl withoutproper textuers.Not only that but without proper textuers no one can ever do a repaint on it.Whats that you say, no one wants to repaint it, you might when you see thecouler skeem Iv got in mined, but ha, its my model and I can paint it whatever culer I like, well actualy I carnt, thats the troubl.Iv tryed textuering it useing that free program (LithUnwrap Version 1.3) fromhttp://www.static-lift.net/aero-club/tools/lithunwrap.htmlas I hav a good tutorial on textuering for it, but its got drorbacks, ie,as my model has got mor and mor complicated it only just gose throo BSP, at this leval of complication having gon throo LithUnwrap it wont go throo BSP.But it will go throo the BSP having gon throo anim8or, so Im going to study anim8or,s textuering tutorials, but Im not looking forwerd to it.If anyone wants to hav a go at the textuering it then speek up and Iill sendall I hav to them, you can do what ever you like with it.Ps, I fixed the shadow by puting the 2 shadow models in backwords, thats to say,faceing the rong way, dont knok it, it works.Ps, Did you know that this model vewer caled VIEW.EXE from Lookingglass studios can show mor info than Gideon Pertzov,s ModelViewer.Just drag and drop any .bin file onto the VIEW.EXE, and use the relavant keys to disply the info.The keys are in the txt that acumpany it.glidernut.

Hi Glidernut,Anim8or is the right tool for texturing.With GMAX you lost it at conversion time.You can send the texture stuff to me and I send the finished anim8or file back to you.by the way, there is a new version of BGL2E on the way :-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

OK Agtim, My 3ds and stuf is on its way.Its very good of you to kake a look at it for me, do what ever you like with it, its ok with me.A new version of BGL2E, That will be good.glidernut