Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

We hav got a V taile glider,

Guest glidernut

Hi all,Iv just put a fuly flyabl V taile glider in the librery, it should be avalabl shortly.Its not based on a real glider, but it is still fun to fly.It flys a little bit like the Stemme without an engin, "funy that", "I wunder why" ?Inspite of it only having one sentral weel, you can still take off by simply rolingdouwn hill into wind. In faced If the wind strong inuf, you can lift and leval the wings evan when the glideris in a parked state, althow you need the right wether and location for that, and youwould alsow need to press the e key to get the flaps, undercarige, & airbrakes to work.Better still, just press the "Page Up" key, and everything will work just fine.glidernut.

Guest glidernut

Them swiss alps look good.glidernut

Guest R_Driscoll

Congratulations Glidernut, you have finally done it! Your very own glider. It looks great and I will take it home this evening, insert it carefully into my hard drive, unwrap it reverently, then throw it off the nearest cliff into a gale. Since I don't have Switzerland (that scenery looks very impressive agtim!), I guess that means somewhere around the Cascades. Can't wait.But the pilot looks a bit thin. Well that's good, none of the model pilots in other planes come near my rugged earthy handsomeness anyway, so that's perfect. And its a big leap forward to have transparent cockpits. This is your second major cockpit design isn't it? I think the greenish light must be the glidernut variometer, and the artificial horizon looks new and very fancy. But whose knees are they in the foreground?Congrats again!RobD.

Guest fu3

Very cute, John!You've obviously got the 'hang' of it now ;) I must thank you again for getting me back into gliding in FU3. I still have more fun in the L-13 than anything else!OK, Rob, that's it! YOU can be the smiling face in the S340! Oh, and I can't wait to see the carnage - after all, the 747 had brakes (before you removed them using a fence and distributed them around the valley...) but I doubt the glider has much :-lolPS If the knees shake, they're mine. If not, they're John's! I actually tried having moving legs in the L-13 cockpit but it didn't look any good 'coz it was only the F4 view :-wave

Guest glidernut

RobD, Jon,Yes the pilot is a bit thin, I did try agtim,s man from the uk as it needs notextuers, you know the one I mean, the one waveing tow ping pong bats, but itterned out to be to many polys.Yes Im geting the hang of it nouw.Im geting quite a serlection.Im thinkung of developing ferthrer the one closest to the one with the shadow next.glidernut.

Guest Motormouse

Wow! Nice John, looks kind of like aRC model I once had, think it was a Graupner Achilles (or was it Ajax,never mind can't remember ) it could be made with V-tail or conventional.:-wavePete

Guest fu3

Graupner...Now there's a name from my younger days ;)I too had a small (30-36"?) glider of theirs but I can't remember what model. It met an untimely end when I flew too close to some overhead wires and it clipped them before having an unscheduled meeting with a tree.I also had a 60" thing called an 'Atlas' (I believe) but don't know if it was a Graupner or Schuko. Either way, those European models were the best money could buy back then ;) THAT one was destroyed during a house-move :-( :-(John,I have some low-poly crew if you need something, let me know, I can send a 3DS or efile.PS The wind's just changed and it's afternoon peak hour here at YSSY. As I look out my window there is a constant stream of Dash-8s, Metros and S340s coming straight at my office window. She must be a bumpy old afternoon from the wing twitching I see :-lol I've just counted 8 whilst typing this...PS Hi Pete!:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

The glider is great John, you are one very clever modeller. I took it up near the Olympic range, and there's some chimneys there where the wind rushes up very quickly, and my it looks grand. and since with your adventure I can stay up as long as I like (days, weeks ...) I'll jut pick up the flight tonight where I left off last time.Jon, did you see a 737 land this morning? That was me. I know I couldn't land a 747 in a paddock, but that was me landing. Seat 4E if you need to know.Cheers,RobD.

Guest R_Driscoll

This time I went further south (Lake Cushman?), and hugged the south ranges there. Here's some snaps. The images are blurry because I haven't loaded the detailed scenery, only a quick load (I don't fly much around Seattle/San Fran anymore so I don't keep these sceneries loaded).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/125671.jpgReady for departure - where's the towplane?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/125672.jpgDratted mouse just ate my cheese and gherkin sandwich.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/125673.jpgOver the lake.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/125674.jpgHugging the cliffs.For those who haven't discovered it, gliding is a very peaceful way of passing an hour or two, and FU3 is in its element simulating this - the rush of air across the canopy and the vertical air movement (still not simulated in MSFS). And glidernut has put so many hidden treasures in the cockpit ...RobD.

Guest CaptRolo

HI Glidernut; HI All ; Been working too much ,I finally got a 10 day vacation SO I can get back to flying .Thanks for the mod ,I'll download it . CaptRolo