Sign in to follow this  
Guest benji123456789

High Res Switzerland Need Help

Guest benji123456789

i have just installed the high res switzerland files into my FU3 directory and have notivced the CDROM sections in the downloads and i am unsure where to put the CDROM folder, if someone could help it would be great

Hi Ben,Just create a /Switzerland folder inside the CDROM folder of your FU3 game.Check the 3. line in the region.cfg file of Switzerland to see the path definition.You may change the location as you want.The version you have downloaded is the old one of 2001. We learn a lot since this time :-) but the new version is still under construction. I do no longer use .cpd files and so my new installation has no cdrom folder and all the files are .bin down to the level 0.Quality is much better that way but use much more disk space.Check also the folder named /gerpile and rename it to /engpile if you own a English or us version of fu3. gerpile works for the German version only.You must move the Seattle region folder outside of FU3 to use Switzerland region to avoid airport conflicts because FU3 is just for 1 longitude zone and is mixing all airports having near same latitude N position and this is the case with the Seattle region.Another more secure way is to copy the full game to a new location without the folders for Sanfran and Seattle of /region and /cdrom so you have a Switzerland only fu3 version without conflicts with outer airports or the just delete the airport of this game copy (not your original copy !)Check for the new elevation model (geos) for Switzerland this is much better than the first version.here from a flight over the lake of Zurich, on the top real in a JU-52 and bottom in Ansgar's DC3 at about the same location. http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/tozurich.jpg :-wave agtim

Guest benji123456789

i have tried all of this and it still says, 'insert the'.Also could you please tel me how to get an updated version that has no cdp files needed, thanksben

Hi Ben,As long the cdrom path is wrong the message is shown.here is the start of my old region.cfg;FU3 Region Configuration file for Switzerland , Andre Meystre nov.2001reg_name Switzerland Areareg_cd_path E:Flight3cdromSwitzerlandmapsreg_cd_levels 2reg_terrain_disk_name The folder was on drive e: here the game's cdrom folder at E:Flight3cdromE:Flight3cdromSwitzerlandmaps and this is the full path to the maps , the .cfg files.The new version is still under construction and actually not released.It will never be at AVSIM because of the size of more than 6 GB. :-wave agtim