Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy9164

Strange goings on at Biggin Hill

Guest andy9164

Well,I thought I had nearly finally got back up to the latest and then this happened. I flew from Biggin and couldnt get my Beechjet out of Glidernuts hanger. I did a bit of a reverse thrust and took a run up, got out of the hanger but lost may tail in the process. Never one to give up, I decided to have another go. Went back to the main menu, hit "Fly" and ended up somewhere else. Looks familiar, why its a different Biggin. See attached Biggin 1 and Biggin 2. I am guessing I have 2 Biggins somehow but cant seem to find them.Also while I was there this military plane got run off the taxiway by a civil aircraft. He didnt like it. So much so he turned round and chased after him.Can anyone help with my "2 Biggin" problem.ThanksAndy

Hi Andy,yes there is a greath activity at Biggin Hill :-)the Hunter is a moveing object with a fixed path and the sound is like a train ;-)There are 2 player parking spots defined for this airport.Selection is random. There are 2 Player spots at Bembridge and IOW also ! The elevation at the main terminal is not corrected at this time....and the mystery of the Glidernut hangar. The Beachjet and my Hunter also will not go out the hangar.open Fled, open the bigginhill packagein menu object choose edit airport... select biggnow you see the airport spots and taxi / runway definitionsmove window, use small steps ! to the hangarhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157081.jpgselect the yellow player spot and move it to the right out of the hangar and adjust the next taxi spot.close airport dialog window and say yes to save.open object moving object... and select hunter then loadnow you see the path and can change it http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157082.jpgclose this dialog and savethen close the package (File menu) and select save.exit flednow the changes are done, try it out :-wave agtim

Guest andy9164

Thanks Agtim,You learn something everyday, I never knew you could do random parking spots. As for th model,I guess i have to time my departure so that he is on his way back when I start to taxi and have to me quick about it.Andy

Guest R_Driscoll

agtim is correct - there are two parking spots for "player". One works best for jumbos, the other for GA. I'm afraid that when I made glidernut's hangar, I made it too narrow and not very deep even for gliders (and glidernut has been very kind never to mention this!), so its no wonder the Beechjet leaves its tail behind. Luton and several other airports have similar problem, which I guess shows my irrational and unreasonable prejudice towards small planes. The parking spot outside the main terminal though should give you enough room for all except the biggest.As to the moving object plane that you ran into, just make sure your windows are clean before taxiing, and then you won't run into him. Maybe someone could send me a better noise file for this jet too, so that the hunter stops sounding like a train.Of course I'm very happy to change things if you want, so please feel free to suggest changes. I could increase the taxi path of the hunter if you like, or move the parking spots. I've set it up as I like (which is a bit of a busy feel) but that may not be what other people like. So let me know. And I'm starting on resetting the scenery packages to the new agtim super-accurate elevations, so now is a good time to get feedback.Robert.

Guest fu3

Folks,Try the attached file for a Hunter taxi sound. I have a more raucous one but it's too loud :-eekRegards,Jon PointGlide Distance: About 50% of the runway length when you hit a 20kt headgust on flare...

Guest R_Driscoll

OK, yes I thought you'd find something! I'll try this.

I just moved the parking space and tested the latest Biggin Hill package for the first time. The sim froze and CTDed. Then I tried either and both of my older Biggin Hill packages called "fast" and "slow". These worked.Could I have messed up something in the process of moving the parking space or maybe I don't have all of the models for the latest package? I'll reinstall a backup and test it out.Hans Petter

Sorry, it was my mistake -- I just confirmed that the original package was fine. I copied the original back and there was no problem. This means that I corrupted it when moving the parking spot. Is this some inexplicable occasional FLED error or did I do something wrong? I followed the instructions and everything seemed to work out until I launched a flight. The only concrete issue I can think of is the moving of the blue square in front of the yellow parking spot. I just grabbed it and moved it. Should I have redefined the taxigraph in some way?In any event, it's always a good idea to keep a fresh copy of anything you intend to modify :-)Hans Petter

yes fled is tricky, did you made the check taxiway before save and close ? 1. click on the yellow square until border become red and move with right key down of the mouse.2. click on the violet square until border become red and move it3. you can check taxiway, even it's not a real change of it4. close the airport window5. close and save the packagethis is a harmless task, in must cases but you never knows with fled ;-) :-wave agtim