Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

Flightsoft

Sorry but I have to say this; the Flightsoft company is the the most pathetic software company I've ever seen. I just checked there website recently for any updates and it's been approx 6-7 months since I last checked and nothing has changed. They're still saying that the DC-10 Hawaii upgrade patch for FS2002 is coming SOON!!!! by the time you get it out FS2004 will be out, but more importantly the Fly Hawaii DC-10 software is crap anyway so who the hell is going to want it. I'm one of the unfortunate idiots who purchased the stupid program. It's scary when freeware companies come out with better more frequent material.P.S. Good job to all those other awesome FS software companies who actually deliver quality products. Also if anyone loves the DC-10 like I do, stick with FFG planes don't waste your money on this garbage. Cheers SP.....

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here.You are complaining that Flightsoft are taking a long time to release their patch but in the next breath saying that their software is of no use. Why get all worked up about a software upgrade for something you clearly regret buying and presumably would not recommend to anyone else?Why not try mircolight flying instead? Simple a/c with hardly anything to go wrong and real seat of the pants flying.David

Guest SoarPics

Great first post. You certainly know how to make a strong first impression. Kind of curious, did you actually contact Flightsoft to air your grievances before bringing this matter to a public forum? Since you're new here let me help you out a little bit. You see, many who frequent these forums are uncomfortable with this kind of strategy. It's a good idea to make every effort to resolve a problem with a seller before opening the matter to the public. And if you have indeed tried to settle with them I regret that your purchase was not satisfactory.Good luck with your dealings with this company and I hope it all works out for you,

Guest Moghdad

I would agree with the last post if SP's problem were in the nature of "I'm having this compatibility issue, can you help me...?"But he's talking about the failure to release a promised update six months on. I think it's fair to raise the issue here. I'm not endorsing his rhetorical style.I'm sorry to hear all this. I would like to buy "Fly to Hawaii" but have been waiting for the 2K2 update.

Guest SoarPics

Well, Francois, since my ten year old daughter likes to sometimes sit on Daddy's lap while I'm at the Forum, I thank you for cleaning this up.:-kewl Regards,

Guest KenG

>Oh well.... keeps us off the streets and out of the bars :-) And exactly why would we want to do that? :-lol

Just to let everyone know that the reason I posted this message is to save people precious money and frustration. I purchased the fly Hawaii approx a year ago and I've been disappointed ever since. Once I installed the program I was having problems so I contacted them via e-mail two weeks later I got a rude unprofessional response. A follow up to those who feel my abrupt approach is a little too strong, I'm only trying to prevent others from being robbed like I felt I was. As for the edited language, none of the words edited out were anything too coarse(such as swearing)what so ever, they were only questionable words used to describe my frustration. As for microlight the point I'm making is I use to check that web site regularly for updates, but when FFG released there planes I didn't check it anymore because the FFG aircraft were far superior. So when browsing on the internet one day I checked the website just for laughs to see if the patch was released, and of course it wasn't. It made me mad that a company can advertise coming soon for 3/4 of a year. Don't get me wrong I'm a not trying to come across as some foul mouthed punk. I just want consumers know that this company doesn't deliver quality. Cheers SP......

Simon,We understand your motives, and are in no way judging them or the situation. What we are and always WILL be judging is the language used and behavior displayed by users of our forums. What might not seem offending to you, could well be for others. It is our job as moderators and administrators to make sure this remains a place for the majority of visitors to enjoy. Next time you want to air your feelings, please take that into account, and when in doubt it is sometimes better to NOT write what you think.Regards, ________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog