Sign in to follow this  
juvat

Convert my Coit Tower mips to gif

I need bailed-out again,Looking at the Coit Tower night textures with Gideons Modelviewer, I realize now years later that I made an error with the pallet. It seems they are set to the Seattle pallet. To make things worse, I bungled the proper naming of the textures. When using Robs Fixmipv4 tool to "change mip palette", it reports the mips have invalid names. Just renaming the files doesn't correct the mip.The hd that crashed on me that had my old Jas files, also contained the folder of all the 3d models and textures I'd created.I dread recreating the textures from scratch. Isn't there a way I can extract the gif's from the mip's with the Makemip.exe tool? If so, what are the command lines for it?JimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Guest fu3

Jim,Done and resent ;)I use Fixmip to display the MIP (using the convert MIP palette function to display the image in the correct palette).Then I just capture the screen and cut out the 256x256 pixel image and save in 24-bit:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191903.jpgAfter that, re-open in CorelPSPPS etc and repal to Sanfran for the day maps then rerun Fixmip to create the day MIPs.For the night mips, I use the 24-bit day maps, desaturate (i.e. gray scale) then invert and play with the brightness/contrast/intensity to get an acceptable image (tip - most parts of most night MIPs should be black). Then, running Fixmip in Seattle palette mode (for nite MIPs) and with night lighting turned on, Voila! night maps ;)Oh, and on the transparent images, after repalettising them, reselect the transparent bits and fill them with RGB 0,0,0.Should be in your inbox by now :-waveRegards,Jon Point