Sign in to follow this  

Wing Leveller in 2k2 using 2k aircraft

I am running FS2k2 standard version.I have a problem with some of my 2K aircraft when I install them into 2k2 in relation to the autopilot.For example;Flying at FL80 and 240KIAS using heading hold, speed hold and altitude hold. No problems here. ATC now instruct me to turn right 10 degrees for traffic. If I input the new heading in the heading selector the a/c turns. Fine. If I choose to perform the turn manually but leaving speed and altitude to the a/p, as I deselect heading hold the wing leveller automatically becomes active, I cannot turn and I cannot deselect it without re activating the heading hold. The only alternative seems to be to disconnect the a/p altogether.*I know 10 degrees is not worth worrying about but when on descent/finals and want to perform turns manually it's impossible without disconnecting all the a/p.*There must be someone who knows a fix for this somewhere. Any advice gratefully received. :)

This is intentional behaviour within FS2k2 - since that is the way RW autopilots work (or so I have read - not a RW pilot). If you want manual control of the aircraft with Altitude hold on then you need to add the following lines to your "Autopilot" section of the "Aircraft.cfg" for each aircraft you want to change:use_no_default_bank=1... and if it bothers you then you can also add:use_no_default_pitch=1That should sort it out !!Hope that helps,

This is probably the most often asked question.I am only a General aviation flyer but I at least am not familiar with an autopilot that does not use the wing leveler when turned on-so be aware if you are "fixing" it-you are really making it less real. The correct procedure in your above scenerio would be to use the heading bug to set your course. If you want to fly manually-you turn the whole thing off.However-if you want to "fix" it -here is the direct quote from a faq:"The autopilot has also been "improved," to the consternation of many simmers. While in many ways this makes it behave more like modern passenger jet autopilots, it is very different to the FS2000 autopilot and it seems that this has caught a lot of people out who have become used to engaging alt hold and then hand flying the directional axis, but there is a work-around:1. Open aircraft.cfg file for the each airplane whose autopilot you want to alter 2. Make a back up.3. Add the following lines to the [Autopilot] section[Autopilot]use_no_default_pitch = 1 // 0 = Default to current pitch mode, 1 = No default pitch mode.use_no_default_bank = 1 // 0 = Default to Wing Leveler mode, 1 = No default bank mode.Setting this switch knocks out Flight Director command for that axis, so for example, setting use_no_default_bank to 1, but use_no_default_pitch to 0 would leave the autopilot in command of the elevators, but not the ailerons, allowing you to alter heading by banking the aircraft.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Thanks guys. I will have to give it some consideration now I suppose.RW standards or swinging around the sky with the benefit of altitude hold.Cheers,Neil